CAT Application Form 2017
The process of filling CAT Application Form will tentatively begin from August 10, 2017 and will conclude on September 30, 2017. Candidates willing to register themselves can visit the official website i.e. www.iimcat.ac.in. This year, over 2,00,000 candidates are expected to register for CAT 2017.
Listed below are quick facts related to CAT Application Form 2017:
- An applicant must possess a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks to apply for CAT exam. Check CAT Eligibility
- CAT Registration can be done via online mode only.
- Application Form is common for MBA or PGDM Programs.
- Before registering for the exam, it is mandatory to have a valid Email ID, Contact Number and Address.
- All applicants must pay INR 1700 as CAT Application Fee.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download their CAT 2017 Admit Card.
Highlights of CAT Application Form 2017
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Last date to fill CAT Application Form||September 30, 2017 (tentative)|
|Last date for CAT Application Form Correction||October 5, 2017 (tentative)|
|Minimum Qualification to apply for CAT||Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 50% aggregate|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Marksheets of class X, XII and Graduation|
|Application fee||INR 1700|
|Mode of fee payment||Online|
Pre-requisites for CAT Application Form 2017
It is mandatory to check CAT Eligibility before applying for CAT 2017. At the time of CAT Registration, it is recommended to keep some documents handy to avoid last minute hassle. The documents/information required for completing CAT Application Form are mentioned below-
- Valid email address
- Valid mobile number
- Academic details such as marks/percentages in class 10, 12 and graduation
- Applicable certificates to upload
- Scanned images of photograph and signature
- List of IIM Programs to apply
CAT 2017 Registration
An aspirant has to register at iimcat.ac.in before moving to fill CAT application form. Through CAT Registration, a unique login id and password is generated. These credentials are vital for successfully completing CAT Application Form 2017.
Steps to apply for CAT 2017 are mentioned below:
- Click on ‘Register Now’.
- Enter- Name of Candidate, Date of Birth, Email Address and Mobile Number.
- Enter the Captcha code correctly.
- Click on ‘I Agree’ and ‘Submit’ the form
Click here for CAT Registration
CAT 2017 Application Form
Once candidates are sure that they fulfil all eligibility norms and carry all the necessary documents. Then they register for CAT and continue filling CAT Application Form. They can follow the given below steps to fill CAT Application Form-
- Candidate’s Name - Candidate’s name will automatically be generated as per the information filled primarily during CAT Registration.
- Date of Birth – While filling the application form, candidate’s Date of Birth will be generated automatically as it would be recorded earlier in the registration form.
- Father’s Name/ Guardian’s Name – Enter father’s or guardian’s name in this section provided.
- Gender - Enter the details as applicable.
- Nationality – In the given box, enter the nationality accordingly.
- Category - Candidate must specify their category and choose the correct option from General/SC/ST/OBC (Creamy Layer or Non-Creamy Layer)
- Documents - After specifying these details candidate must upload the specified documents. A scanned image of passport size photograph within the dimensions of 35mm X 45mm must be uploaded. Also upload scanned image of the signatures within dimensions of 80mm X 35mm.
- Candidates should be careful of the dimensions mentioned any negligence may lead to non-acceptance of the application form.
- It is important to note that images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format with file size of maximum 80 kb.
- Certificates of those belonging to different categories, with attested signatures of the concerned authorities must be uploaded as a pdf file.
Enter the details of your academic qualification. The following entries have to be filled:
- SSC/10th class examination (Compulsory for all candidates)
- HSC/12th class examination /Diploma (Compulsory for all candidates)
- Bachelor Degree Details (Compulsory for all candidates)
- Other Professional Degree
- Post-graduation Degree Details
- If a candidate has any work experience till the date of 31st July, 2017, they must enter the details of work experience.
- In CAT 2017 Application Form candidate must select any number of program names from the given options.
- Afterwards, they must select the interview city as per his/her preference from the list.
Payment must be made online. Amount payable for application fee has been mentioned below this section-
- In case of card payment, candidate must ensure the details beforehand. Then enter card number, expiry date, CVV/CVV2 number.
- In case of net banking, they must login and enter password to proceed with procedure of fee payment.
- Candidate must select “I agree” box to complete the application process for CAT 2017.
- After candidate selects the “I Agree” box, he/she must select “submit and pay” button.
- Candidates applying for CAT 2017 will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email id.
CAT 2017 Application Fee
CAT 2017 Application Form Fee is mentioned below according to the categories: (*fee excluding transaction charges)
|Category||Fee (in INR)|
|Non-Creamy layer OBC||1700/-|
CAT 2017 Application Form Correction
It may be possible that some of the candidates had entered incorrect details due to lack of proper information or documents. As CAT being an important exam, the exam authority allows candidates to make corrections in their CAT Application Form. Candidates should note that, they can make corrections only in few entries.
Editable entries are enlisted below-
- Communication Address
- Educational Information
- Exam City Preference
- Work Experience
- Percentage Marks
Steps to Correct CAT Application Form
- Candidates can follow the given below steps for CAT Application Form Correction-
- Visit official website of CAT 2017 at www.iimcat.ac.in/
- Click on ‘Existing User’ button
- Enter your User ID and Password to login
- Now you can edit the entries that need correction
- Take a printout of CAT application form after making corrections
Corrections cannot be made under the following entered fields-
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number