CAT 2017 Application Form
CAT 2017 or Common Admission Test 2017 will be organized by Indian Institute Of Management, Calcutta this year. This test is conducted to select students for postgraduate management courses across various colleges in India. Application Process of CAT 2017 will be open from first week of August. Candidates will be required to fill in an online application form. This CAT 2017 application process will be available on separate website created for the convenience of candidates. Application fee is Rs 1600/- for General candidates and Rs 800/- for SC/ST and PwD candidates.
CAT 2017 will be held in November or December. CAT Exam will test candidates on verbal ability, quantitative ability, logical reasoning and data interpretation abilities.
CAT 2017 Important Dates
CAT 2017 exam dates
CAT 2017 Registration
Candidates who wish to appear for CAT 2017 should visit the official website. Here are the steps to apply for CAT 2017:
- After logging into the official website, candidate must register himself/herself.
- Candidate will have to enter details such as name, date of birth, phone number and email address.
- It is important to note that candidate must fill in these details very carefully as no changes can be made after the payment of the application fee.
- On the registered email id or mobile number, candidate will receive registration id and password.
- After the candidate registers himself/herself successfully, he/she will access this id to fill in the application form.
- Application will be considered complete only after payment of fees.
CAT 2017 Application Form
To apply for CAT 2017, candidate will have to follow these five easy steps and fill the information as directed below:
- Candidate’s name - Candidate’s name will automatically be generated as per the information filled primarily during registration.
- Date of birth – While filling the application form, candidate’s date of birth will be generated automatically as it would be recorded earlier in the registration form.
- Father’s name/ Guardian’s name – Candidate must enter his/her father’s or guardian’s name in this section.
- Gender - Candidate must enter the details as applicable.
- Nationality – In the given box, candidate must enter his/her nationality accordingly.
- Category - Candidate must specify his/her category and choose the correct option from GENERAL/SC/ST/OBC (creamy layer or non-creamy layer)
- Documents - After specifying these details candidate must upload the specified documents. A scanned image of passport size photograph within the dimensions of 35mm X 45mm must be uploaded. Also upload scanned image of the signatures within dimensions of 80mm X 35mm.
- Candidates should be careful of the dimensions mentioned any negligence may lead to non-acceptance of application form.
- It is important to note that images should be in .jpg or .jpeg format with file size of maximum 80 kb.
- Certificates of those belonging to different categories, with attested signatures of the concerned authorities must be uploaded as a pdf file.
- While applying for CAT 2017, candidates must carefully fill in the educational details that have been asked for.
- Candidate must have passed SSC or 10th standard or equivalent qualification.
- Candidate applying for CAT 2017 must have passed 12th class or must have obtained equivalent diploma course.
- If candidate has acquired a bachelor’s degree, he/she must enter relevant details. Also if he/she has acquired any skills or other course, he/she must intimate the required details in the given section.
- If a candidate has any work experience till the date of 31st July, 2017 he/she must enter the details of his work experience.
- In CAT 2017 Application Form candidate must select any number of programme names from the given options.
- Afterwards he/she must select the interview city as per his/her preference from the list.
- Payment must be made online. Amount payable for application fee has been mentioned below this section
- In case of card payment, candidate must ensure the details beforehand. Then enter card number, expiry date, CVV/CVV2 number.
- In case of net banking, candidate must login and enter password to proceed with procedure of fee payment.
- Candidate must select “I agree” box to complete the application process for CAT 2017.
- After candidate selects the “I Agree” box, he/she must select “submit and pay” button.
Candidates applying for CAT 2017 will receive a confirmation mail on the registered email id.
CAT 2017 Application Form Fee
CAT 2017 Application Form Fee is mentioned below according to the categories: (*fee excluding transaction charges)
|Non-Creamy layer OBC||1600 INR*|
|PWD (DA)||800 INR*|
CAT 2017 Application Form Correction
Candidates can make changes in their application form only before the payment of application fee. It is important to note that candidate cannot make any changes in the details that he/she has filled during the registration process. The corrections, if genuine can be made only after evidence for the incorrect information is produced. This could be done by proving the claim at the time of interview.
Kindly note candidate cannot make changes in the following details:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
To correct the details in the application form candidate must login to the portal with registration id and password. After logging in, candidate must navigate through the details again and make desired changes. After making the changes click on “Save” button and continue with payment method to complete the application procedure.