Banaras Hindu University will release the notification for BLAT (Banaras Law Entrance Test) on January 29, 2017. The last date to register for BHU Law entrance exam is March 05, 2017. Candidates can download the BLAT 2017 Admit Card from the official website after the successful submission of the application form. BLAT will take place on May 22, 2017.
It is mandatory for the candidates to meet the BLAT Eligibility Criteriaat first. A candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with minimum 50% marks to be eligible to apply. Post filling the form, candidate has to pay the application fee via online or offline mode.
BHU Results for BLAT will be declared on June 19, 2017. Candidate is required to check whether he or she has scored the qualifying marks or not. If yes, then he or she has to register for the BLAT counseling process and visit the venue for the verification of documents and allotment of seat.
BLAT is an undergraduate Law entrance exam which is conducted by Banaras Hindu University (BHU) for the admission to the five year integrated course such as B.A L.L.B (Hons) in BHU University.
BLAT 2017 Important Dates
BLAT 2017 Important Dates which need to be known by the candidate are mentioned below:
|Commencement of online application process||January 29, 2017|
|Last day to register||March 05, 2017|
|Release of admit card||Second week of May|
|Exam Date||May 22, 2017|
|Releasing answer key||May 31, 2017|
|Declaration of results||June 19, 2017|
|Counseling Process||Second week of July|
BLAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for BLAT 2017, candidate must meet the BLAT 2017 Eligibility Criteria. After the candidate meet all the requirements and is eligible for BLAT 2017, only then he or she can proceed to further steps of filling the form.
Following are the basic requirements that a candidate must fulfill in order to meet the eligibility criteria for BLAT 2017:
- Candidate must have cleared 12th with an aggregate of 50%
- Candidate applying for admission for LLB (Hons.) must have completed 17 years of education with 10+2+3 pattern and that too with an aggregate of 50%
- Minimum age for the candidates applying for bachelor courses should not be more than 22 years and those who have already done bachelors degree and are applying for other course should be less than 25 years.
BLAT 2017 Application Process
BLAT 2017 Application Form is available on the university website by January 29, 2017. All candidates willing to apply for BLAT 2017 can register online and fill the application form easily.
Before registering yourself for BLAT 2017 and filling up the application form, candidate is required to have following things with him/her:
- Valid email address
- Phone number for receiving important notifications via SMS.
- Access to internet, scanner and printer for printing and scanning the important documents
- Colored passport size photo in jpeg format and size be less than 100kb.
- Signature with black or blue pen in the same jpeg format and size less than 100kb.
- Online payment facility via net banking, debit card or credit card.
Nearby HDFC bank branch for offline payment.
BLAT 2017 Admit card
BLAT 2017 Admit card is made available on the website one week before the conduction of BLAT 2017. So all candidates are required to download it and carry it along with them on the day of the exam.
Also, when the university avails the BLAT 2017 Admit Card, an SMS or email is sent to all the candidates so that they can check and get BLAT 2017 admit card as soon as possible
How to obtain BLAT 2017 Admit Card
Candidate is required to follow the following steps in order to get BLAT 2017 admit card:
- Visit the official website
- Login with your application number and unique password.
- Download the BLAT 2017 admit card and get 2-3 print outs of it.
- Affix a passport size photograph of yours in the box provided on the BLAT 2017 admit card.
- Check and verify all the details mentioned on the BLAT 2017 admit card as they must be correct.
- In case you are not able to download your BLAT 2017 admit card, contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi on Help Desk Phone No. 08574587668.
- Candidate can also contact the help desk email id available at Entrance Test Portal
BLAT 2017 Exam Centre
BLAT 2017 is conducted in a total of 16 cities all over India. Candidate can chose any of the cities as the exam center while filling the application form as their preference. Whatsoever is chosen as the exam city by the candidate is allotted to him. Exam center along with the center code is mentioned on the BLAT 2017 admit card too.
Following are the exam cities for BLAT 2017, provided there are sufficient number of candidates for the concerned Centre:
BLAT 2017 Exam Pattern
BLAT 2017 conducted on May 22, 2017 will contain about 150 question distributed over 4 sections. Candidate is required to attempt the whole question paper in duration of 2 hours.
No candidate will be given more than the allotted time in any given situation to complete the paper. The candidates will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
No marks will be deducted for wrong answer. The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
Following are some of the BLAT 2017 Exam Pattern highlights:
|Total no of questions||150|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
Total sections in BLAT 2017
|Marking scheme||4 per correct question|
|Negative marking||1 per wrong question|
BLAT 2017 Results
BLAT 2017 is announced on June 19, 2017. The university declares the result in online mode. All the candidates can check their result which includes marks and their rank secured by them in BLAT 2017.
Following are the steps that are to be followed in order to check BLAT 2017 Results.
- Visit the official website.
- Login with your application number and unique password
- Check for the results.
- You will be redirected to a page showing your marks in BLAT 2017 along with your qualifying status in law entrance exam.
- It will also display your rank in BLAT 2017.