BITS which is Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani conducts an entrance test for admissions in the engineering degree courses at their campuses situated in Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa. The exam is usually known as BITSAT and it is the way to get the admission in BITS.
- Every year, around 2 lakh students give this exam, for around 2 thousand seats, that makes the proportion of 100 students for every seat.
- BITSAT 2018 will be held in the month of May 2018.
- BITSAT 2018 is a computer based test conducted in more than50 cities in India as selection test for integrated first degree programs admission in BITS Pilani campuses.
- BITSAT 2018 Application Process will be in online mode.
- Eligible applicants can apply before last date and pay the required charges.
- BITSAT Result is declared as score reports, merit list, admit card, admission and waiting list.
- Applicants can know the score report promptly after they have taken the test.
- Marks will be based on the quantity of right and wrong answers.
- After confirming that applicant secured minimum marks in class 12th, according to qualification criteria, BITSAT merit list will be discharged.
Check Here BITSAT Results 2018
BITSAT 2018 Selection Criteria
- Qualification Eligibility for other courses (except B.Pharma): Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects.
- Qualification Eligibility for B.Pharma: Students must have cleared the 12th or equivalent exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics/Biology subjects.
- Appearing Candidates: Students who have passed 12th exams in 2016 or appearing in 2017 are eligible to apply.
- Percentage Criteria: In the 12th exam, candidates must have obtained 75% marks in PCB/PCM group.
- Admissions will be made absolutely on merit basis.
- Merit position of the applicant for admission will be based on the score got by candidate in the selection test.
- Students, who are studying in BITS at any of its campuses, are not qualified to show up.
Read More BITSAT 2018 Counselling
BITSAT 2018 Direct Admission
- Admission procedure of the Institute will guarantee admission to every student, who got first positions in their respective board examinations.
- To start with first rank holders of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2018 will be given direct admission to their preferred course, irrespective of their BITSAT score according to the qualification criteria.
BITSAT 2018 Admission of International Students
- Applications are also welcomed from International students, who have taken SAT.
- SAT Subject Tests led by College Board (USA) for admission to various first degree programs at BITS Pilani-Hyderabad Campus for Academic Year 2018.
- However, applicants holding travel permit issued by nation other than India, are qualified under 'International Students Scheme'.
- Admissions will be made on merit basis determined by score got by applicant in SAT Subject Tests in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics Level 2.
BITSAT 2018 Tie-Breaker Resolution
- At the point when the score of two applicants are the same, first their scores acquired in Mathematics/Biology (For B.Pharm) in BITSAT will be considered for separating them.
- If the tie still exists, then their scores in Physics in BITSAT will be considered for separating them.
- Further tie is wiped out, utilizing their scores in Chemistry.
- At last, their PCM/PCB(For B.Pharm) total marks in 12th examination will be considered for breaking the tie.
BITSAT 2018 Score Report
- BITSAT 2018 will be held in month of May 2018.
- After the computer based test, student will be shown BITSAT 2018 Score Report.
- In this manner, any individual who takes BITSAT exam will know their score got quickly after the exam as it were.
- Merit list for admission in BITS Pilani will be on the basis of score got inBITSAT 2018.
- Toward the completion of the test, the computer will declare the result to the applicant as far as number of aggregate right answers and wrong replies, with the score.
- The hopeful can also check and print their score report at BITS website after all the tests are finished.
- No student will be permitted to repeat the test around the same time.
Preparation of BITSAT 2018 Cut off
- Cut off is a description of marks that will be chosen by a council of specialists constituted by BITS Pilani.
- Cut off is discharged to select the students that are eligible for taking admissions under BITSAT 2018 Cut off.
- Applicants are willing to know the expected cut off, answer keys of the question paper and so on to see whether they pass the exam or not.
- Certain vital factors influence the conclusion of the cut off.
- Cut off must be acheived by the applicants with the goal that they will get to be qualified to go to the counselling and admission process.
- Cut off of BITS 2018 Entrance Exam will be determined after the exam.
- Competitors who will get marks equivalent to or greater than the decided cut off, can go to the counselling for the admission purpose.
- Cut off would also be seen in the score card.
- Cut off list will be discharged officially by the exam bodies and will be made accessible on the official site of BITSAT.
- BITSAT Cut off is going to announce after the exam, BITSAT Result will be declared on July 2018 and the cut off marks will be discharged in month of July 2018.
- BITSAT Cut off will declare soon on the official site by BITS.
- Applicants can get Cut off from BITSAT official site which is www.bitsadmission.com.
- BITSAT Cut off is the main thing on which the admission depends, the individuals who clears the Cut off; they will be chosen for the admission in BITS Campuses.
BITSAT 2018 Cut off
The cut off will vary for the different campuses. A few Colleges set their opening and closing ranks totally upon cut off. The cut off for different courses will be different as per the factors influencing the cut off list.
Certain parameters influence it and are demonstrated as follows:
- Number of applicants
- Earlier years criteria of cutoff selection
- Toughness level of exam
- Highest Marks in the exam
- Average marks got by every one of the applicants
Distinctive courses performed under BITSAT.
- B.E. (Hons.)
- B.Pharm. (Hons.)
- M.Sc. (Hons.)
- M.Sc. (Tech.)