BITSAT 2018 Counselling is conducted by BITS, Pilani post declaration of result. The counselling will commence from 1st week of July, 2018. BITS Pilani, the conducting body of BITSAT, hasn’t announced more about the seat allotment process, but it is expected to be conducted in 4 iterations.
- BITSAT 2018 Result is followed by BITSAT 2018 counselling sessions for candidates.
- Successful candidates will have to take part in the counselling process which will begin in July 2018 and will end on 2nd week of August 2018 (tentative).
- There will be four rounds of Counselling in total for BITSAT 2018.
- Additional information about Counselling for BITSAT 2018 will be available on the here.
- For every iteration, BITS Pilani announces the result, which consists of the names of candidates, called for BITSAT counselling.
- To appear for the admission process, candidates are required BITSAT admission form mentioning 10+2 examination marks and preferences of degree programs offered by the institutes and its associate campuses. Read More BITSAT Admission Process 2018
- Toppers in the qualifying examination of any state or central Board in the year 2018 will be given direct admission to the program desired by candidate.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Schedule
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Schedule (tentative) is depicted in the following table:
|Closing date for receiving the admission forms Announcement of Iteration 1 admission assignment||End of June 2018|
|Announcement of admission and waiting list after Iteration 1||1st week of July 2018|
|Closing date for admission of advance fees Announcement of Iteration 2 admission assignment||2nd week of July 2018|
|Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration 2||2nd week of July 2018|
|Closing date for payment of the balance fee by the candidates selected for admission from the waiting list in Iteration 2. Announcement of Iteration 3 admission assignment||4th week of July 2018|
|Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration 3||4th week of July 2018|
|Reporting at the campuses for admission. The announcement of Iteration 4 admission assignment.||4th week of July 2018|
|Announcement of admission assignment after Iteration 4||4th week of July 2018|
|Candidates selected in the Iteration 4, reporting at the campuses for admission.||1st week of Aug 2018|
BITSAT 2018 – Direct Admission
- In BITS Pilani, the admission process of the institute always ensured admission to all first rank holders in their respective board examinations.
- The only condition here is candidate should have scored the minimum of 75% aggregate marks in PCM/PCB subjects in class 12th.
- With at least 60% in each of the PCM/PCB subjects in their Class 12th examination.
- A candidate should be a State or Central Board topper fromscience stream.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Process
- BITSAT Counselling is a fully online process.
- Candidates seeking admission in BITSAT campus, are required to submit admission application along with 10+2 marks and preferences to various degree programs offered.
- Take a print-out of the filled application form.
- After that, they have to send the hard copy of BITSAT admission application form along with attested copies of class 10 certificate and class 12 marks sheet.
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science will assign admission seats to candidates strictly on the basis of their merit rank obtained in BITSAT 2018. Check Here BITSAT 2018 Merit List
- BITS Campus will be allotted to them according to their order of preferences.
- Candidates will be assigned seats from the first candidate and going down the entire list until all the seats will be filled up.
- After phase 4 of BITSAT counselling, final result and seat allotment will be updated on the official website at bitsadmission.com.
- Candidates who have allocated seats, have to pay the admission fee and must complete the necessary formalities to confirm the admission.
- A direct admission will be granted to the board toppers. The detail about this scheme will be announced by BITS in May, 2018.
BITSAT Counselling is divided into various steps for filling up the seats into the engineering courses for the session 2018-19. The counselling procedure is as follows:
- Complete the BITSAT Admission form and submit it before the last date i.e. March 2018.
- BITSAT admission assignment for the first iteration will be announced after filling BITSAT admission form.
- Result for admission and the waiting list after the first iteration will be announced.
- Candidates who have confirmed their admissions, have to pay the admission fee.
- If the seats are left vacant, candidates from the waiting list will be called for subsequent rounds of BITSAT counselling.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Application Form
Candidates qualifying BITSAT 2018 can avail admission by filling the admission form for online counselling. BITSAT admission form has to be submitted along with class 12 marks. Along with it, they also have to enter the preferences of colleges and courses they are desirous to get admission in.
Steps for Filling BITSAT 2018 Counselling Application Form
Candidates who have passed class 12 in the year 2017 or 2018 and have qualified in the entrance examination, are eligible to be in BITSAT 2018 Admit List.
Step 1: Personal Details
- Visit the official website of BITSAT i.e. bitsadmission.com
- Click on ‘Counselling Application Form’
- Complete the BITSAT Counselling Application form by providing BITSAT application form no. along with their personal details such as name, mobile number, email ID, category etc.
Step 2: Educational Details
- Candidates will have to fill educational details of class 12 in the BITSAT admission form.
- In case, candidates do not have the results, they can still submit the details by logging in.
Step 3: Preferences
- After that, candidates will have to select the order of preferences available in BITS.
- They are also advised to check the details while submitting, as the BITSAT admission form once submitted cannot be edited.
- Therefore, they must be careful about the information filled by them.
Candidates do not have Class 12th marks
- Must take a print out of the fresh BITSAT admission form with the words written on the top – “Original Form submitted. Class XII marks being submitted now.”
- The fresh application form will be sent to the institute by such candidates.
- No additional charges will be charged for the fresh application form.
BITSAT 2018 Counselling Stages
BITSAT counselling process will begin in the first week of July 2018. It is conducted in a variety of iterations in which admission and the waiting list of the applicants will published.
- After the announcement of BITSAT 2018 Result, the counselling process will begin that may continue for a week. It is carried out in two steps:
- Document verification
- Seat allotment in various BITS campuses and courses.
- It is expected that 4 iterations of BITSAT counselling process will take place and the process will continue till August, 2018.
- As per BITSAT 2018 Merit List, a seat will be assigned to the applicants.
- The waiting list of candidates will be taken into account for the next round of seat distribution.
- Candidates with lower ranks are called for 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds of counselling in the decreasing order of their ranks until all the seats are filled.
BITSAT 2018 Seat Allotment Criteria
Once candidate has made the selection of campus and the course, they have to confirm the admission by paying a certain amount of fee. There are several steps that are involved in BITSAT Seat Allotment which are as follows:
- Number of available seats in campuses
- Number of available seats in respective courses
- Withdrawals and non-reporting
- Marks scored in 10+2 examination
- Board Topper Status
- BITSAT 2018 Rank of candidate
- Reservation Criteria
- Number of seats remaining after completion of each round of Counselling
Available Seats in all Campuses
In the following table, seat matrix of BITS campuses along with the courses offered is mentioned:
|Campus||Number of Seats||Courses|
|BITS Pilani||800||B.E. (Honors): B. Pharm. (Honors); M.Sc. (Honors): Chemistry, Economics, Biological Sciences, Physics, Mathematics; M.Sc. (Tech.): Finance, Information Systems and General Studies.|
|BITS Goa||600||B.E. (Honors): Computer Science, Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical and Electronics & Instrumentation; M.Sc. (Honors): Economics, Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Math and Physics; M.Sc. (Tech.): Information Systems.|
|BITS Hyderabad||600||B.E. (Honors): Civil, Chemical, Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics and Mechanical; B. Pharm. (Honors): M.Sc. (Honors): Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Math, Economics and Physics; M.Sc. (Tech.): Information Systems.|
Documents Required for BITSAT 2018 Admission
All the successful applicants are required to carry the following document at the time of BITSAT 2018 admission process:
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 12 Mark Sheet
- Category Certificate (If necessary)
- BITSAT Score Card
- BITSAT 2018 Counselling Letter
- Passport Size Colored Photograph
- Residence Proof
- Medical Certificate
- Photo ID Proof
Candidates have to bring all the original documents along with the attested photocopy of the required document for the purpose of verification only.