BIT MCA 2017 is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra for admission to its 3 years MCA Programme in its various centers.Registration starts from February 25, 2017 (Tentative). Last date of filling application online is April 17, 2017 (Tentative). Last date of receipt of complete application form is April 24, 2017 (Tentative). Exam will be conducted on May 23-24, 2017 (Tentative). Mode of exam is online. Duration of exam is 2 hours. Result will be declared on June 10, 2017 (Tentative).
|BIT MCA Application Process||BIT MCA Eligibility||BIT MCA Exam Pattern||BIT MCA Result|
BIT MCA Exam is Based on BIT MCA Results admission will be granted in BIT Mesra(Main Campus), BIT Noida, BIT Allahabad, BIT Ranchi, BIT Kolkata, BIT Jaipur (Off Campuses) with following seat matrix :-
BIT MCA 2017 Important Dates
Interested candidates can apply from February 25, 2017 to April 17, 2017. Admit Cards will be available from May 10, 2017 onwards. Exam is scheduled to be on May 23, 2017 & May 24, 2017. For further important dates candidates can refer the table provided below :-
|Registration||February 25, 2017|
|Last date to apply online||April 17, 2017|
|Last date to submit form||April 24, 2017|
|Availability of admit card||May 10, 2017|
|Entrance exam||May 23-24, 2017|
|Result date||June 10, 2017|
BIT MCA 2017 Eligibility
Following are the eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by candidates:-
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregat of all subjects in class 10th exam. For SC/ST students, they require 55% in total aggregate of class 10 marks.
- Candidates must have passed with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PH) in 12th exam.They must have cleared mathematics/computer science as one of the subjects in class 12th
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from any government recognized University.The degree should be of minimum 3 years duration after class 12 (10+2+3 system)
- Candidate should hold any of the mentioned qualifications :-
(a) Bachelors of Computer Application
(b) B. Sc. In Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics
(c) B.Sc. in Mathematics or Statistics in the Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
Read More About BIT MCA Eligibility
Note: That minimum percentage required in bachelor’s degree is 60%. In case of SC/ST/PH students it is 55%.
- Those who have done B.Sc.(Hons.)and have scored at least 60% in main subject can also apply. For SC/ST/PwD students, required percentage is 55%.
- Candidates with Distance Learning
|BIT MCA Required Documents||BIT MCA Syllabus||BIT MCA Preparation Books|
BIT MCA 2017 Application Process
Online Registration will commence from February 25, 2017 (Tentative). Last date of filling application form online is April 17, 2017 (Tentative) whereas last date of receipt of complete application form is April 24, 2017 (Tentative). Mentioned below is the stepwise application process that you can refer while registering for BIT MCA 2017.
- Visit the official website of Bit mesra.
- Click on link ‘Apply online’ and create username and password.
- Fill the form and submit it online
- Now you need to make payment for the application fee of INR 2500 for GEN and INR 1,500/- for SC/ST/PH through State Bank Collect/Net Banking/Debit card/Credit Card
- It should be issued from any nationalized bank in favor of ‘Birla Institute of Technology’
- The application is to be submitted by taking the printout of the filled up application enclosed along with required documents in an A4 envelope
- The application is to be sent only by speed post or courier and also write “ Application for MCA 2017” on the top of envelope
- The address on which application must be sent is
Dean Admissions and Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215
Note: Candidates have to submit set of photocopies of certificates along with application form (write your Name, Form No. and “MCA-2017” on the back of each of the photocopies). Following is the list of documents
- One recent colour photograph (write your Name, Form No. and “MCA-2017” on the back of the photo).
- Payment receipt towards application fee
- Pass certificate and mark-sheet of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Mark-sheet of Class 12th
- Mark-sheets of Graduation
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance learning programmes must enclose with their application, photocopies of Pass certificate in addition to mark-sheets of qualifying examination
- Caste certificate (if applicable), which should be signed by appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO.
- Photo – identity proof
BIT MCA 2017 Application Fee
|General Category||Rs. 2500/-|
|OBC Category||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ST Category||Rs. 1500/-|
|BIT MCA Merit List Preparation||BIT MCA Reservation For Admission||BIT MCA Seat Allotment|
How to Check BIT MCA Application Form Status
A candidate can check his/her form status on the official website of BITMCA- www.bitmesra.ac.in. For this login using Username and Password . All the details related to the candidate’s registration will be displayed on the screen. A candidate can check whether his or her application has been accepted or rejected by clicking on the "Check Application Status" Tab.
BIT MCA 2017 Form Correction
In case you have made some mistake during the registration process and you want to correct it then fill the online application form and pay the fee again. A candidate has to send a letter to the office of “Dean Admissions & Academic Coordination, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra” stating the previous application number.After that, the pervious application submitted by the candidate will be cancelled.
BIT MCA 2017 Admit Card
Admit Cards will be available for download prior 10 days before the exam i.e. May 15, 2017 (Tentatitively). You can download the admit card via following steps:-
- Visit official website of BIT Mesra
- Click on “MCA Admissions 2017”
- Click on “Download Admit Card”
- Click on “submit button”
Know More About BIT MCA Admit Card
BIT MCA 2017 Exam pattern
The entrance test will judge the anaytical, logical , mathematical, Verbal and Computer awareness ability of the candidates.The test will comprise of 120 objective type questions from each section.It will be a computer based test.Duration of exam is 2 hours. It will be conducted in 3 time slots :- 9:00 a.m -11:00 a.m.,12:00 p.m.- 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Mode of exam is online
- Total number of questions will be 120 from Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and English Comprehension
- Duration of exam is 2 hours
- Time slots are- 9 to 11 am, 12 to 2pm and 3 to 5 pm.
- Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer
- One mark will be deducted for each incorrectly marked answer.
Read More About BIT MCA Exam Pattern
BIT MCA 2017 Exam Section
|Section||Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
|B||Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||20||80|
BIT MCA 2017 Syllabus
The syllabus of BIT MCA 2017 comprises of 4 sections. These sections are Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, English and Computer Awareness. These sections further include various topics. A detailed syllabus for BIT MCA 2017 is given below:
Section A: Mathematics (60 questions – objective type)
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, expansion, factorization, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, binomial theorem, permutations and combinations, surds
- Set Theory: Sets and subsets, operations on sets, sequences, properties of integers, relations and functions
- Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, inverse of a matrix, rank, solution of simultaneous linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, quadratic forms
- Co-ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a line, mid-point, intersections etc., equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, differentiation of function(s), tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima, integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, averages, dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, skewness and kurtosis, random variable and distribution functions, mathematical expectations, binomial, Poisson, normal distributions, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, correlation and regression
- Linear Programming: Formulation of simple linear programming problems, basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, revised simplex method, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming
Check BIT MCA Marking Scheme
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: (20 questions – objective type)
Questions in this section will test logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and visio-spatial reasoning
Section C: Computer Awareness: (20 questions – objective type)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, 1’s and 2’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I/O devices, interrupts
- Computer Language: Assembly language and high-level language, Multiprogramming and time-sharing operating systems, Computer Programming in C.
- Flow chart and Algorithms
- Operating Systems: Evolution of operating systems, types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, modern operating systems
Section D: English: (20 questions – objective type)
- Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
- Idioms and phrases
- Reading comprehension
- Expansion of an idea
- Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
- Completion of a sentence (with choices)
- Choice of appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
- Abridging sentences/paragraphs.
BIT MCA 2017 Result
- It will be declared on June 10, 2017 (Tentative)
- It can be checked on website- www.bitmesra.ac.in, notice board of the institute and concerned off campuses.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for ‘Document verification cum Admission’
- On the basis of seats availability, there will be one, two or more rounds of process
- Admission will be on the basis of score of the BITMCA test
Following is the list of documents required at the time of admission (original and photocopy)
- Pass certificate and mark-sheet of Class 10
- Mark-sheet of Class 12
- Mark-sheets of Graduation for graduates OR Mark-sheets up to pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2016.
- Candidates with qualifications acquired through correspondence or distance learning programmes must carry a proof of pass certificate in addition to mark-sheets of graduation.
- Admit Card
- Score Card
- Caste certificate
- Photocopy of filled application form
- Photo-identity proof
|BIT MCA Result||BIT MCA Counselling|
BIT MCA 2017 Selection Procedure
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of entrance test. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of Candidates’ ranks. On the basis of this list candidates will be called for Document verification and candidates who will fulfill the eligibility conditions will be offered admission.
If seats stills remain vacant waitlisted candidates will be called for document verification and admission will be given against the vacant seats.
BIT MCA 2017 Cut off
Mentioned below is BIT MCA 2014 Cut off for BIT Noida, BIT Mesra and BIT Lalpur :-
BIT MCA 2017 Preparation Tips & Books
|A complete study package MCA Entrances of all Indian universities||Amit M Agarwal||9350942062|
|BIT Online MCA Entrance Test 2012 10 Mock Tests for Admission to 3-Years' MCA of Birla Institute of Technology||Amit M Agarwal||8183484905|