ATMA- AIMS Test for Management Admission
ATMA or AIMS Test for Management Admission is a national level examination. It is conducted for admission to post-graduate management courses such as MBA, PGDM, MCA, MCM etc. ATMA is held under the guidance of Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) three times a year (February, May and July).
- ATMA (May session) will be held in online mode on May 28, 2017.
- ATMA Application Form for May session will run from February 20- May 20, 2017.
- All candidates who successfully register for ATMA 2017 can download ATMA Admit Card from May 25 onwards.
- ATMA Result (May session) will be declared on June 5, 2017.
Post the May session, the exam for July session will be held on July 16, 2017. ATMA evaluates a candidate’s comprehension skills, verbal reasoning capabilities, numerical reasoning capabilities etc. It is of total 180 marks. There are approximately 76 B-Schools which accept ATMA scores. Check ATMA Exam Pattern
ATMA Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||AIMS Test for Management Admission|
|Conducting Body||Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate|
|Periodicity||Three times a year (February, May and July)|
|Mode of Application||Online and Offline|
|Application Fee||INR 1100|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Number of Questions||180|
|Courses Offered||MBA, PGDM, MCA, MCM etc.|
ATMA 2017 Exam Dates
ATMA is held three times a year. Hence, it is important to keep note of all the important dates of ATMA 2017. We will keep updating you about all the session dates as and when they come.
|ATMA Application Form 2017 will be available from||February 20, 2016|
|ATMA Information bulletins will be available from||March 1, 2017|
|Last day to pay application fee via online mode||May 18, 2017|
|Registration will close on||May 20, 2017|
|Last date for Reprint of filled Application Form||May 24, 2017|
|ATMA Admit Card 2017 (May) will be available from||May 25, 2017|
|ATMA Exam Date 2017 (May)||May 28, 2017|
|Declaration of ATMA Result||June 5, 2017 (tentative)|
|ATMA Exam Date (July)||July 16, 2017|
|Declaration of ATMA Result||July 28, 2017 (tentative)|
Check ATMA 2017 Exam Dates
ATMA Eligibility Criteria
Candidates willing to apply for ATMA must possess the following qualification:
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent degree under 10+2+3 scheme in any stream (B.A/B.Sc./B.Com/B.Tech) from any university recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Department, Govt. Of India.
- Candidates appearing for final exam of their graduation can also apply for ATMA, provided they complete their education with minimum qualifying marks (50%) before the time of admission.
- Candidates must produce their qualifying exam mark sheet during ATMA 2017 Admissions.
- Candidates must be at least 21 years on or before the time of admission to apply for ATMA 2017.
- Candidates not fulfilling this criterion at the time of admission will be removed from the process thereafter.
- There is no Domicile restriction for candidates applying for ATMA.
- Candidates who are Indian Nationals can only apply.
ATMA 2017 Registration
Applicants can apply for ATMA (May) from February 20, 2017 till May 20, 2017. Registration can be done via online or offline modes. To apply online, candidates can register at atmaims.com. To avail the application form offline, you can visit any one of the designated centers.
Here’s how you can complete ATMA Registration in online mode:
- Visit the official website and click “click here to register for ATMA”.
- Enter complete details viz. Full name, Correct Email ID, Mobile Number and Date of Birth in the On-line Fee Payment form to register.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- After successful registration for ATMA, PID (Personal Identification Number) will be sent on your registered email id.
- Login using PID and fill ATMA Application Form.
- Last date for Reprint of filled-in Application Form for May session is May 24, 2017.
ATMA Application Fee
Candidates willing to apply for ATMA, must pay INR 1100 for all the courses. Fee can be remitted through online or offline mode. Read below the details:
- Payment of Application Fee via online mode can be done via Debit Card/Credit Card, Net Banking or Bank Transfer. It will require the candidate to fill the vendor code, his name, date of birth, city, moile number and email id.
- Payment of Application Fee via offline mode can be done via Cash or Demand Draft.
ATMA Admit Card
- All successfully registered candidates will be able to download their ATMA Admit Card (May) from May 25, 2017 onwards.
- It can be downloaded from the official website of ATMA i.e. atmaims.com.
- ATMA 2017 Admit Card contains basic information about the candidate and the exam including details of the examination center and timings.
- Applicants have to paste a recent color passport size photograph within the space provided on the admit card.
- A candidate has to carry the printout of ATMA Application Form, 2 recent color photographs, receipt of payment and a valid photo ID at the exam center.
How to download ATMA Admit Card?
- Go to the official website of ATMA i.e. atmaaims.com
- Click on “Candidate’s Login”
- Fill details such as PID and Password to Login
- Click on “Download Admit Card” tab
- Download and Save ATMA Admit Card
In case of any queries related to ATMA Admit Card, candidates can reach the authorities through mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 040-23417875/76.
ATMA Test Centers
All students appearing for ATMA have to select 2 test centers according to their preference at the time of ATMA 2017 Registration. The examination centre once allotted to a candidate will not be changed under any circumstances. However, on special casis, request to change ATMA test centre should be made at least 5 days prior to the test. The allocation of new test center is subject to approval of test administrator and availability of seats.
Given below are ATMA Test Centers that candidates can choose from:
|ATMA Test Centers|
*Test centres may be cancelled, combined or changed depending on the number of candidates in specific centre(s) or new centre(s) added to the above list.
Candidates must report to ATMA Test Center not later than half-an-hour before commencement of the Test. The second page of the admit card is meant for the candidate. The candidate is required to obtain invigilator’s signature on it, and retain the same for future use.
ATMA 2017 Exam Pattern
- ATMA exam will be conducted in online mode.
- It will contain 180 multiple choice questions.
- ATMA Exam Pattern will cover 3 key areas viz. Verbal Skills, Analytical Reasoning Skills, Quantitative Skills. Each section will be allotted 30 minutes.
- The question paper is divided into 6 sub-sections and each section comprises of 30 questions.
- The total duration for ATMA is 3 hours.
Given below is the Section-wise distribution of questions in ATMA:
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills||30|
|Analytical Reasoning Skills||30|
Marking Scheme in ATMA
- One mark will be rewarded for every correct answer.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
- For every unattempted question, no mark will be deducted.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted in case a candidate marks more than one answer.
ATMA 2017 Paper Analysis
The February session of ATMA 2017 was successfully held on February 12, 2017. The level of difficulty has been consistently similar over the years. ATMA 2017 (February) tested the verbal, analytical reasoning and quantitative skills of students. The questions were of easy to moderate level of difficulty. Following is the analysis of the sections:
- Analytical Reasoning - This was the toughest section in ATMA 2017. It comprised data sufficiency, Input- output, circular arrangement, statements & conclusions, deductions, cause & effect etc. topics in the exam.
- Quantitative Ability - The questions were simple and straightforward. The difficulty level of this section was also easy to moderate.
- Verbal Ability - The reading comprehension passage was simple and easier to score than other questions. Passage 3 & 4 were time consuming. Candidates found para completion questions a little bit difficult.
Read More ATMA 2017 Paper Analysis
We know by now that ATMA contains 3 main sections viz. Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability. It is essential for candidates to understand the pattern and syllabus of the exam before they plan their preparation. Here are all the important topics of the three sections that a candidate must prepare:
|Arrangement of letters|
|Profit and Loss|
|Time and Work|
|Fill in the Blanks|
ATMA 2017 Reference Books
Following is a list of books for reference that can help a candidate in preparing for the exam:
|Book Name||Author/ Publisher|
|CMAT Entrance Guide with Mock Test CD 2 Edition||Disha Experts|
|SNAP/ IIFT/ XAT/ TISS/ CMAT/ NMAT/ IRMA/ MAT Management Entrance Test: MBA Solved Paper||Gautam Puri|
|Mission MBA-MAT: Solved Papers 2013-2011 1st Edition (Paperback)||Tarun Goyal BS Sijwalii|
|Trishna’s Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for the CAT and other MBA Examination||Time|
|Quantitative Aptitude for MBA: Entrance Examination first edition (Paperback)||Sulava|
|Master Key to MBA Entrance Exam 2009 01 Edition (Paperback)||SL Gulati, Ravi|
ATMA 2017 Result
ATMA 2017 Results for May sessionwill be declared on June 5, 2017. Candidates can visit atmaims.com and enter their PID and password to check their ATMA Result. The scores in ATMA will be valid for the following academic year only. ATMA 2017 Result will solely be based on a candidate’s performance in the entrance exam.
How to check ATMA Result
- Go to the official website i.e. atmaaims.com
- Click on Candidate’s Login
- Choose Exam and Enter PID and password
- Click on View/Download ATMA 2017 Score Card
- Verify the personal details on the result
- Download ATMA 2017 Score Card
ATMA Score Card
- ATMA score report for each candidate will contain four scores: viz quantitative, verbal, analytical and total.
- These scores are based on raw scores of each candidate and are statistically scaled with reference to the entire Test population.
- The first three scores measure different constructs and are neither comparable nor can be added to each other.
- The scores can be easily interpreted, compared in each construct category and used for specific purposes.
- ATMA scores cannot be compared directly to other similar Test scores.
Details on ATMA Score Card
- Test Date
- Total Scaled Score
- Overall Percentile
- Roll Number
- Scaled Score & Percentile for Quantitative Skills
- Scaled Report & Percentile for Verbal Skills
- Scaled Report & Percentile for Analytical Reasoning
ATMA 2017 Cut Off
The scores of ATMA are accepted by a number of colleges. It is important for each candidate to score the minimum set marks to be considered for admission. Candidates can seek admission to courses such as MBA/PGDM/PGDBA/MCA/MCM etc. through this exam.
ATMA Cut Off depends on various factors like difficulty level, number of test takers, and number of seats offered by the B-schools. Here are the minimum cutoff marks required by candidates to apply for different colleges.
|Institute||ATMA 2017 Cut off|
|Institute of Management Studies, Ghaziabad (IMS, Ghaziabad)||70|
|Acharya Bangalore B-School (ABBS)||60|
|Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS) Sector-5, Rohini||60|
|G.L. Bajaj Institute of Management and Research (GLBIMR)||50|
|Kirloskar Institute of Advanced Management Studies, Pune (KIAMS)||50|
|ICBM- School of Business Excellence (ICBM-SBE)||50|
|Fortune Institute of International Business||50|
|SCMS Cochin School Of Business (SCMS Cochin)||50|
ATMA 2017 Selection Procedure
ATMA 2017 Selection Procedure takes into account the marks scored by a candidate in the entrance exam, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview combined. The result of ATMA will contain an applicant’s score in ATMA 2017, Pre-admission processes, extra-curricular, work experience and academic profile. The final admission of the candidates will depend on the norms and criteria set by the individual participating colleges.
All qualifying candidates will then proceed to ATMA 2017 Counselling that will vary college-wise. It is important for candidates to be present in person for the counselling rounds. Make sure you carry the below-mentioned documents while appearing for ATMA Counselling:
- ATMA Score Card/Hall Ticket
- Original Degree/Provisional Certificate
- Multiple Passport size color and black & white photos.
- Original and a copy of Counselling Letter.
- Original and a copy of Admit Card.
- Original and copies of 10th, 12th standard.
ATMA 2017 Participating Institutes
- The admission to any participating college of ATMA will be based on the total marks a candidate scores in all selection rounds. These scores are valid for one year only.
- Candidates can choose any five colleges they want to take admission in.
- These Institutions have the exclusive authority to decide on admissions to their programs. ATMA or AIMS has no role in their admission decisions.
- The candidate should write to ATMA Office directly indicating the institutions to which his scores should be sent, with a fee of INR 100/- per Institution applied for. The ATMA Office will send these scores within a week of the receipt of the request.
- Students are expected to apply directly to the various Institutions for their Admission Bulletins and Application Forms, within the deadlines for admissions to each Institution.
Here are the Top 10 MBA colleges accepting ATMA scores:
- MICA Ahmedabad
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool), Mumbai
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WeSchool), Bangalore
- Christ University Institute of Management – CUIM, Bengaluru
- National Institute of Bank Management (NIBM), Pune
- Institute of Management Development and Research (IMDR), Pune
- National Institute of Integrated Learning and Management (NIILM), Delhi
- St. Joseph’s College of Business Administration (SJCBA), Bangalore
- Institute of Technology & Management (ITM), Navi Mumbai
- International School of Business and Media (ISB&M), Pune
Ques. How many ATMA test ceters can I choose? Also, can I choose specific test centers within a city?
Ans. You can choose two cities in order of preference at the time of registration. And, the test venue will be allotted automatically that cannot be changed later on.
Ques. Is the application fee different for reserved category students?
Ans. No, the application fee is same for all i.e. INR 1100.
Ques. What items can I carry in the exam hall?
Ans. When in exam hall, students can only carry a ball pen, filled-in registration printout, payment receipt and photo ID. No other items will be allowed in the examination hall.
Ques. Are ATMA scores comparable with MAT, CAT, XAT etc.?
Ans. Since the questions and their level vary in all these exams, their marks can not be compared.
Ques. Who should I contact in case of a query?
Ans.In case of any queries/ questions, candidates can contact AIMS at
Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS)
101, Rekha Deluxe Enclave Sangeetha Nagar, Punjagutta,
Tel.No.Office: 040-2337 0024/34