APICET 2017 Application Form and Exam Date
APICET 2017: Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test (APICET) 2017 is a state level entrance test for admission to MBA and MCA courses of all the Universities in Andhra Pradesh State and their affiliated institutes. Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati conducts APICET on the behalf of Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE).
The APICET 2017 exam is scheduled on May 02, 2017. The other important dates related to APICET 2017 have also been announced by Sri Venkateswara University.
APICET 2017 Application Form has begun from March 01, 2017 and will end on April 05, 2017. Since APICET Registration is an online process, thus do not send a hard copy of the application form. The application fee is INR 450 for general category candidates. Click Here to Apply for APICET 2017
The last date to submit the application form with late fee is April 26, 2017. Only Indian nationals are eligible for APICET exam.
APICET Exam Highlights
APICET is a single stage which enables all aspiring and qualified candidates seeking admissions to MBA/ MCA programmes across various colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
|Date of APICET||May 02, 2017|
|Conducting Body||Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE)/ Sri Venkateswara University|
|Mode of APICET||Offline|
|Medium of APICET||English Language|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 Minutes (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Type and Number of Questions||200 Objective Type Questions|
|Sections||Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability|
|Courses Offered||MBA and MCA|
APICET 2017 Exam Dates
Andhra University announces the entire schedule for ICET once the ICET application process starts. It is of utmost importance for the candidates of APICET 2017 to be aware of the detailed schedule. The tentative dates of important events related to APICET 2017 are summarized below:
|Release of Notification||March 01, 2017|
|Beginning date for submission of online applications||March 01, 2017|
|End date to submit application without late fee||April 05, 2017|
|End date to submit application with late fee of INR 500 (+ INR 450 Registration Fee)||April 12, 2017|
|Last day to apply with late fee of INR.1500 (+ INR 450 Registration Fee)||April 19, 2017|
|End date to submit application with late fee INR 2000 (+ INR 450 Registration Fee)||April 26, 2017|
|Download of Admit Card starts from||April 28, 2017|
|Date of examination||May 02, 2017|
|Declaration of Answer Key||May 04, 2017|
|Last date for receiving of objections on Preliminary key||May 07, 2017|
|Declaration of results||May 10, 2017|
APICET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants of APICET 2017 must fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by Andhra University. If any candidate doesn’t satisfy the APICET 2017 Eligibility Criteria, his/her application form will be liable for rejection at point of the admission procedure.
The eligibility criteria for APICET 2017 are mentioned below –
- The candidate must be an Indian Nationals.
- He/she must satisfy local / non-local status requirements as set by the conducting body.
- Minimum educational qualification:
|For MBA||Graduate with at least 50% marks and 45% marks in case of SC / ST category candidates|
|For MCA||Graduate with at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of SC, ST category candidates). Must have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
- If the qualifying Degree is obtained in a Distance Mode Program, then it must be recognized by the joint committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC.
- Candidates who are in their final year of graduation can also apply provided their results will be announced before the counselling process.
APICET 2017 Application Process
The APICET application processis conducted online. The application fee is Rs.350 which can be paid online at AP online centers or through Credit card / Debit card/ Net Banking. There is late registration fee for the candidates who submits the APICET 2017 application form after the last date of submission.
Steps of APICET 2017 Application Process
While filling the APICET 2017 application form they must go through these steps:
Go to the official website.
- Click “Apply Online” and chose one of the registration fee payment mode.
- AP Online.
- E-Seva/ MeeSeva.
- Debit / Credit card.
- If the payment mode is AP online or E-seva/Meeseva the candidates have to log in using the transaction ID obtained with the payment receipt at AP online center.
- If the candidate choses to pay via Debit card or Credit card, the payment can be done by filling the required details.
- Once the payment section is completed, they have registered themselves with the APICET online portal. The applicants can then proceed to fill the form.
They have to enter the following details:
- Candidate Details
- Qualifying Examination Details
- Choice of Regional Centre for Entrance Test
- Local Area Status
- SSC or equivalent
- Minority community
- Special Category
- Annual Parental Income
- Correspondence Address
- Intermediate degree
- Recent photograph of the candidate. (should be in jpg file format and the size of the file should be less than 30 KB)
- Signature of the candidate (should be in jpg format and the size of this file has to be less than 15 KB)
- After filling the form, the applicant must review it for mistakes.
- Once it has been ensured that all the details are correct, the applicant has to accept the declaration at the end of the form and click on final submit.
- The applicant must take a print out of the filled application form for future reference.
APICET 2017 Admit Card
AIPCET Admit Card will be available for download from April 25, 2017. The candidates can access the APICET 2017 hall ticket on the official website of APICET. No candidate will be allowed to enter the APICET Test Center without a valid APICET Admit Card. Only those candidates will receive the APICET 2017 admit card who has fulfilled the eligibility criteria of APICET 2017 and has completely filled the APICET application form.
Please Note: If a candidate is not able to download his/her APICET 2017 Hall Ticket online, he/she should immediately contact the concerned authorities before the day of the examination. The contact details for this purpose are:
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
APICET 2017 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
APICET 2017 Exam will be conducted on May 16, 2017 in offline mode. The APICET 2017 exam pattern consists of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) segregated in 3 sections. The candidates will have to complete a total 200 questions in 150 minutes time.
The candidates appearing for the examination must have detailed knowledge of the APICET 2017 syllabus. This will aid the candidates in getting a better insight into the APICET 2017 exam pattern. Besides the APICET 2017 syllabus, they should also go through the instructions to follow on the day of the examination and the APICET 2017 preparation tips.
APICET 2017 Exam Pattern Highlights
This table will provide the candidates an overview of all the notable points of APICET 2017 exam pattern.
|Mode of Examination||Pen Paper based|
|Total Duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Total number of questions||200|
|Time per question||1 minute 33 seconds|
|Total number of sections||3 (Analytical Ability, Mathematical Ability, Communication Ability)|
|Number of questions/ section||Analytical Ability: 75 Mathematical Ability: 75 Communication Ability: 50|
|Time per section||50 minutes|
|Format||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of choices per question||4|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for correct answer 0 mark for unanswered questions No negative marking for incorrect answer|
APICET 2017 Result
APICET 2017 Result will be declared by the end of May 2017. The candidates who have appeared in the APICET 2017 examination can check their results in the official website of APICET via the steps mentioned below.
Once the individual APICET 2017 scorecard is available, the conducting body will declare the APICET 2017 Rank card online. The candidates can avail the information about the APICET 2017 counselling and the counselling dates along with the rank list in their official website.
APICET 2017 Qualifying Marks
The conducting body has set a minimum qualifying score for the APICET 2017 examination which is 25% for General category i.e. 50 marks out of the 200 total marks. Candidates who belong to Scheduled Castes or Scheduled Tribes have no minimum qualifying percentage of marks to clear the exam. In order to secure top ranks, candidates must aim for 80% to 90% in the examination.
Steps to download APICET 2017 Result
The candidates can follow these steps to check their APICET 2017 result:
- Log-in to the official website.
- Click on ‘Download Result’.
- Enter the ‘Hall Ticket Number’ mentioned on the candidate’s APICET 2017 admit card.
- Click ‘Submit’ and download/ print the APICET 2017 Result.
Note: Candidates who wish to get a re-evaluation done have to submit an application for re-evaluation within 15 days after the result is declared with a demanddraft of Rs.1,000/- in favor of the Convener, APICET – 2017, payable at Andhra University, Visakhapatnam on any Nationalized Bank. Candidates have to send the same to the following address:
APICET 2017 Cut-off list
The Andhra University declares category wise APICET Cut-off for counselling every year. Below is a table of previous year’s APICET rank list detailing the ranks and counselling schedule. The candidates of APICET 2017 can have an idea about their possibility of attending the APICET 2017 counselling from this cut-off list:
|DATE||CATEGORY||RANKS CALLED (BEGINNING)||RANKS CALLED (ENDING)|
|20/7/2015||PH (V), PH (H), PH (O)||1||Last|
|22/7/2015||NCC||20, 001||40, 000|
|22/7/2015||Sports||20, 001||40, 000|
Note: If two or more candidates have the same rank in APICET 2017 Rank List then the following tie-breaking procedure will be observed by the conducting authority.
Step 1: Marks obtained in Section-A: Candidate who has scored higher marks in Section-A of APICET will be ranked higher.
Step 2: Marks in Section-B: If the tie still persists, then the marks obtained in section-B will be compared.
Step 3: Age of the candidate: If there is still a tie after the above two methods then the candidate who is older in age will receive a higher rank.
APICET 2017 Counselling Process
The APICET 2017 counselling process will commence as soon as the APICET 2017 Rank list is declared. The candidates attending the APICET 2017 counselling must pay a counselling fee of Rs.900/- for OBC/GEN candidates and Rs.450/- for SC/ST candidates. The candidates who will appear in APICET 2017 Exam can go through the generalized APICET 2017 counselling process mentioned below:
- Check the APICET 2017 Rank card and APICET 2017 Rank list.
- Find the rank wise allotted counselling center and counselling date as mentioned in the rank list.
- Attend the counselling on the given date.
- Pay the counselling fee and take the computer generated fee receipt which will have the registration ID & password required for web based procedures.
- Candidates will have to attend certificate verification. For this they have to carry two sets of photocopies of all the counselling certificates.
- Candidates can then perform the web based procedure of changing the allocated college if they want to.
- Submit the filled information.
- The final seat allotment will be made by the Andhra University. candidates will be notified about the same via an SMS on his/her registered mobile number by his/her allotted college