AP PGECET Counselling will be conducted post declaration of results in June 2017. Candidates satisfying the required AP PGECET Cut Off set by participating institutes are eligible to participate in counselling procedure. For the academic session 2017-18, the process will be conducted by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam. AP PGECET 2017 is scheduled from May 10 to May 12, 2017.
- AP PGECET Counselling will be web-based i.e. it will be conducted in an online mode
- It will be conducted separately for engineering and pharmacy stream
- There will be approximately 2 to 3 rounds of AP PGECET counselling
- Counselling for GPAT/GATE score holders will be conducted separately i.e. they are not allowed to attend AP PGECET Counselling.
The process will commence with certificate verification at notified centers as per prescribed schedule. Post verification, eligible candidates need to register for counselling, option filling and locking the seat and make required payment. Candidates will also be given a chance for changing their choices till a tentative period. Candidates will be allotted seat as per availability. After completion of counselling, seat allotment list will be released on the official website of AP PGECET i.e. sche.ap.gov.in/PGECET.
AP PGECET Counselling Highlights
AP PGECET Counselling is conducted on the basis of candidate’s rank in the state level exam. The process will be conducted separately for both the streams but the steps will be same. Tabulated below are the highlights for the counselling process in PGECET 2017.
|Exam Date||May 10- May 12, 2017|
|Result Declaration Date||June 2017|
|AP PGECET Counselling Date||July 2017|
|Conducting Body ||Andhra University|
|Counselling Rounds||2-3 rounds|
|AP PGECET Cut off|
For General Category- 30 Marks
For SC/ST- Not set
AP PGECET 2017 Counselling Schedule
AP PGECET Counselling Dates 2017 are defined by Andhra University. The conducting body will shortly release the counselling schedule for this year. Until then, mentioned below is the tentative schedule as per candidate’s category. The categories are as follows:
- Special Category candidates- NCC (National Cadet Corps), CAP (Children of Armed Personnel), PH (Physically Handicapped) and Sports
- General candidates
For Special Category
|Date||Helpline Centre Name||Exam Name||Rank||Category|
|July 2017||JNTU Kakinada||GATE||1||Last||NCC|
|July 2017||JNTU Kakinada||AP PGECET||2000||Last||NCC|
For General Category
|July 2017||09:00 am||GATE||1||25000|
|July 2017||09:00 am||AP PGECET||1||100|
|July 2017||9:00 am||AP PGECET||301||500|
|July 2017||9:00 am||AP PGECET||851||1100|
|July 2017||9:00 am||AP PGECET||1651||1950|
|July 2017||9:00 am||AP PGECET||2551||2850|
|July 2017||9:00 am||AP PGECET||3501||4200|
AP PGECET Counselling Salient Features
- Candidates must get the required documents verified before participating in AP PGECET 2017 counselling.
- One must bring the original and Xerox copy of the certificates for verification.
- Candidates will be called rank-wise for registration.
- Counselling fee is INR 500 for SC/ST category and INR 1000 for other categories.
- All candidates must submit a mobile number during the verification. An One Time Password will be sent to the registered mobile number through SMS after the web entry is done.
- Candidates who appeared for both AP PGECET 2017/GATE and qualified both the examination must appear once for the verification and should inform the verification officer about the Hall Ticket Number of the other examination.
- After completing the verification procedure candidate must collect the Receipt of Certificate from the counter.
- Candidate should make sure that all the details on the Receipt must be mentioned correctly.
- In case of any discrepancy, candidate should inform the Camp Officer/Coordinator.
AP PGECET Counselling Procedure 2017
AP PGECET Counselling starts witn certificate verification at the designated Help Center. The centers are assigned by Andhra University. Mentioned below are the steps to be followed in completing counselling of AP PGECET.
Stage 1: Certificate Verification
The initial step before proceeding to counselling process is to get all the certificates verified. For this, a proper session will be conducted. One needs to get themselves registered and then they will be assigned a session with the timings and venue. It will be conducted as per the ranking of a candidate. Mentioned below is certificate verification schedule as per their AP PGECET ranks.
- Registration will be carried out at respective help center only.
- One must reach the venue and wait for the announcement from authorities
- Candidates need to submit AP PGECET rank card to the personnel at the entrance
- When a candidate’s rank is called, he/she has to pay the counselling fee. Post that AP PGECET registration form will be given to them.
- Fill details like AP PGECET 2017 Hall ticket number and rank in the form
- In the next announcement, one will be called for document verification
Note: Candidates are strongly advised to auto check all fields printed on PGECET 2017 registration cum verification form like local area, gender, minority, category, special reservation category, date of birth, mobile number & fee, reimbursement eligibility.
Documents Required for AP PGECET Certificate Verification
Certificate verification is the most important steps that a candidate needs to go through before appearing for AP PGECET Counselling. They are required to bring the original required documents with 2 sets of photocopies at the time of verification. Listed below are the required documents for the process:
- AP PGECET Hall Ticket 2017
- AP PGECET Rank Card
- SSC Passing Certificate
- Intermediate or Equivalent exam mark sheet and passing certificate
- 10th and 12th class Mark Sheet and passing certificate
- GATE Score Card/GPAT Score Card
- Migration or Transfer Certificate
- Income certificate (issued after January 01, 2017)
- Caste certificate (if required)
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate of either of parents for a period of 10 years in A.P/Telangana excluding the period of their employment outside A.P/Telangana from M.R.O. for candidates who studied outside the state of AP/Telangana
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- PC/Degree Certificate & Memorandum of marks of qualifying Examination
- Integrated community certificate issued by the competent authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates
List of Helpline Centres: Here is the list of Helpline Centres, these are the centers where candidates have report for document verification:
- Administrative Block, JNTUA, Anantapuram
- University College of Engineering, JNTUK, Kakinada
- SRR & CVR Govt. College, Vijayawada
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- AU online counselling center, Opp. School of distance education, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- SV University, old MBA Building, Tirupati
Documents required by the Special Category (NCC/CAP/PH/Sports) candidates
- PH Category: Candidates who belong to category have to submit a certificate issued by the District Medical Board and should have disability of 40% and above.
- CAP Category: Candidates who belong to this category should submit the following documents:-
- Service certificate issued by Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Identity Card
- Serving persons have to submit Service Certificates from their workplace showing the relationship with candidate.
- Candidate whose parents are domicile of AP/Telangana are considered to be eligible to come under CAP category.
- Discharge Book for verification.
- NCC Category: Candidates who belongs to this category have to submit their A, B, C certificates.
List of Helpline Centres: Special Category candidates have to report at the following Helpline Centres for document verification:
- University College of Engineering, JNTUK, Kakinada
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
Stage 2: AP PGECET Web Counselling
After getting all the certificates verified, eligible candidates will then have to appear for web counselling. Candidate can participate in AP PGECET counselling from their home/cyber café/helpline center. Before that, one has to pay a requisite fee as per their category. Tabulated below is the fee as per candidate’s category.
Mentioned below is detailed procedure for to complete AP PGECET Counselling:
Step 1: Choice Filling
Before selecting a preferred college and course, one needs to register and generate a new password. For generating a password, steps mentioned below are to be followed:
- First, visit the official website of AP PGECET 2017
- Next, click on the ‘Candidates Registration’
- Fill in the details as per required for registration such as Registration Number, Hall Ticket Number, Rank, Date of Birth as mentioned in the Certificate Verification.
- After filling the details, click on ‘Generate Password’. A new screen will then appear.
- Now, enter a password (having minimum 8 characters and maximum 10 with at least one Numeric/Character)
- Re-enter the Password. Also, enter the Mobile Number that will be provided at the time of verification.
- Click on ‘Save Password’ to save it
- Click on ‘Logout’ and go back to Home page
Now, one can easily fill the choices with a Login ID and newly generated Password. Mentioned below are the steps to be followed in order to fill in the choices.
- Candidates need to select the Web Option given on the page
- It will open a new Instruction window with all the relevant instructions, candidates must read the instructions carefully and click on “I Understood” button to proceed.
- It will then open a new window “Option Form” where candidates have to fill the credentials namely AP PGECET Hall Ticket Number, Rank, Mobile No. and then Submit.
- Option Form will then display the complete list of the colleges based on gender and specialization on the left side, while the right side of the form will be provided for sorting the list of colleges as per the priority of candidates.
- Filters are provided to minimize the selection list:
- Alphabetical filter- This filter helps in sorting the list in the alphabetical order, for example- If candidate selects “a”, then all the colleges starting with “a” will appear and it will be easy to do the selection.
- District filter- This filter give the option to select any district from the list and the colleges in that district will appear.
Note:Candidates can select the college on left side window and it will appear in the selected order in the right window. An option to modify the priority list is also available.
Step 2: Freezing Option
On completing the priority list, click on “Save” button and enter the password sent through the SMS and click “Confirm”. The entire data will be sent to the server for processing and the final list willl be displayed in a printed format. The registered option will be frozen automatically on the specified last date and shall be used for seat allotment. One should make sure to take out a print and re-check the list.
Step 3: Seat Allotment Process
AP PGECET 2017 Seat Allotment will be announced after completion of each round of AP PGECET counselling procedure. Listed below is the procedure of Seat Allotment and other details:
- Seats will be allotted to candidates as per their order of preference.
- APPEGCET 2017 Seat allotment is done in the order of rank.
- The options selected by candidates will be processed and then the final AP PEGCET 2017 Seat allotment result will be announced.
- Once the web counselling will be completed and the AP PEGCET 2017 Seat allotment results will be released. They can not be altered under any circumstances.
- The final information regarding the allotment will be communicated to candidate through SMS.
- Candidates then must take out the print of the Provisional Allotment Order from the official website of AP PGECET and should report at the allotted college for performing the other admission related formalities.
- Candidates who fail to report at the college on the specified date will be forfeit their allotment.
- Candidates who are willing to participate in the Second round of counselling must cancel their admission and should pay the counselling fee as a fresh candidate.
- Candidates who want to withdraw from the process must submit an application form to Helpline Centre coordinator along with receipt of certificates.
Candidates can check their seat allotment on the AP PGECET official website in two ways:
- To check the details candidates have to enter the following information:
- AP PGECET 2017 Hall Ticket Number
- AP PGECET 2017 Rank
- Registered Mobile Number
College-wise: To check the details candidates have to enter the following information:
AP PGECET 2017 Participating Institutes
Listed below are the universities offering seats in various courses via AP PGECET 2017 scores.
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmundry
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- JNT University Anantapuram
- JNTU Kakinada
- Krishna University
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Ananthapur
- Sri Padmavathi Mahila University, Tirupathi
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati