AP PGECET Application Form
AP PGECET Application Form is expected to release in March 2018. Candidates can fill the online form at the official website i.e. sche.ap.gov.in. As per AP PGECET Eligibility Criteria, a candidate needs to be an Indian citizen and a domicile of Andhra Pradesh. The application process of Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test consists of 3 main steps viz.
- Payment of Fee
- Filling details in AP PGECET Application Form
- Uploading Documents
The application fee is INR 400 for SC/ST and INR 800 for rest of the categories. This fee can be remitted using online or offline mode. All candidates who successfully register themselves will appear for AP PGECET in the month of May 2018. Through this state level exam, candidates will get admission to M.Tech and M.Pharm courses offered by Institutes in Andhra Pradesh.
Note: Candidates having valid GATE/ GPAT Scores do not have to sit for AP PGECET 2018. Also, the application process of AP PGECET is different for them.
Important- Candidates must have the details of their Aadhar Card ready in order to apply for AP PGECET 2018. It is mandatory for filling AP PGECET Application Form.
AP PGECET Application Form Dates 2018
APSCHE (Andhra Pradesh State Council of Higher Education) has a well-planned schedule for all the events related to exam. Application window for the state level exam will be functional from March 2018 onwards. Table given below indicates all dates relating toAP PGECET 2018.
|Event||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|AP PGECET Application Form will be available from||1st week of March 2018|
|Last date for submission of Application form without late fee||1st week of April 2018|
|Last date for submission of AP PGECET Application form (with INR 500/- late fee)||2nd week of April 2018|
|Last date for submission of Application form (with INR 2,000/- late fee)||3rd week of April 2018|
|Last date for submission of Application form (with INR 5,000/- late fee)||4th week of April 2018|
|AP PGECET 2018 Exam Date||2nd week of May 2018|
How to fill AP PGECET Application Form?
- AP PGECET Application Form is available on official website of AP PGECET.
- Candidates satisfying eligibility standards set by APSCHE can then fill the form.
- Application fee for registration can be paid in online mode. Candidate has to upload a scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and signature as asked in AP PGECET 2017 Application.
Here’s how you can fill AP PGECET Application Form:
All the interested and eligible aspirants first needs to visit sche.ap.gov.in. On top right, a tab by the name of ‘Online Application’ is given. Click on it to access Application Form. Following snapshot indicates the same:
Step 1: Pay AP PGECET Application fee
The first step in form filling is to pay stipulated fee as per candidate’s category. Payment of application fee can be done via online or offline mode. Before making the payment following information is to be provided:
- Qualifying Exam Hall Ticket No.
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile No.
- E-Mail ID
- Candidate’s Category
- Qualifying Degree
- Specialization in Qualifying Degree
The following screenshot talks about all necessary details to be given by the candidate before initiating payment.
Application Fee as per Category
The application fee for the Common Entrance Test varies for all the categories. Also, the following table gives the Fee excluding the processing charges.
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
Note: OC stands for Other Category, SC stands for Schedule Caste and ST stands for Schedule Tribe.
Mode Of Payment
Candidate can make payment via online/ cash mode. They have been described below:
Option 1- AP Online by Cash
- Candidates choosing AP Online option has to choose and visit the nearest AP Online centre. They are required to provide mandatory details- Hall Ticket number of the Qualifying Examination, Name of the Candidate, Father’s Name, Date of Birth and Mobile number.
- After that a receipt is provided to the candidate containing a Payment ID. This ID will be used as a login credential while filling the form.
Option 2- Debit Card/ Credit Card and Net Banking-
- Candidates choosing this option are suggested to go through the Instruction Booklet carefully. It is available at sche.ap.gov/pgecet. This will help them to be ready with all the required details for Online Submission.
- Next, click on “Make Payment’ tab and proceed by filling required details. Then, candidate is redirected to the Payment Gateway site.
- After the payment is made successfully, ‘Payment ID’ is generated. Note down the ID and proceed to form filling process.
Note: During the Payment process, do not click on Back /Refresh buttons or close the Browser page abruptly.
How to know the Payment Status?
- To track status of application fee, click on the ‘Know the Payment Status’ tab.
- This tab is mentioned as ‘Step 2’ in the ‘Online Application’ Tab.
- After clicking on it, ‘Qualification Examination Hall Ticket No.’ and ‘Mobile No.’ has to be provided.
- After filling and submitting particulars, the status of Payment is displayed on screen.
Step 2: Fill AP PGECET Application Form
After making the requisite payment, candidates can then go ahead and fill application form of AP PGECET. Candidate must login to online application portal using their transaction ID that was generated at the time of payment. Before proceeding to fill the form, mentioned below are particulars that needs to be provided:
- Payment Reference ID
- Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket No.
- Mobile No.
- DOB (Date of Birth)
After providing all mandatory details mentioned above, click on ‘Proceed to Fill Application’ Tab. Here, the whole form will appear. Candidates need to fill in the following details in the application form:
- Candidate Details- Candidate Name, Father Name, Mother Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Aadhaar Card No., Birth District, Birth State, Ration Card No., Caste Category, Special Reservation Caegory, Minority/ Non- Minority, Annual Income, Bank Details, Address and Local Area.
- Qualifying Examination- Medium of Instruction at Qualifying Exam: Enter the medium of instruction at the qualifying examination (diploma or degree as applicable). SSC or Equivalent (10th Class): Candidate should select Urban or Rural location where he pursued his 10th class study, Enter the SSC (10th class) or Equivalent Hall Ticket No., Month of Passing and Year of Passing. Intermediate or Equivalent (10+2): Candidate should select Urban or Rural location where he pursued his 10+2 classes of study. Enter the Intermediate / 10+2 or Equivalent Hall Ticket No., Month of Passing and Year of Passing (if applicable). Place of Study: Select district name for each class (10th to Intermediate), Diploma/ Degree, MCA/M.Sc. However, if a candidate has studied in a state other than Andhra Pradesh or Telangana, then select ‘OTHER STATE’. If studied outside India, select ‘OTHER COUNTRY’.
- Test Center Preference- Candidate has to select atleast 2 test centers as per their convinience. Know AP PGECET Test Centers
- Uploading Photo & Signature- Next, one has to upload scanned copy of their photograph and signature. Mentioned below is standard size set for documents:
|Document Name||Type & Size|
|Photograph||.jpg/jpeg & 50kb|
|Signature||.jpg/jpeg & 30 kb|
Note: The Photograph should be of good quality and of passport size. And signature should be signed with a black pen on a white paper.?
Step 3: Submission of AP PGECET Application Form:
Once the whole process is completed successfully, a candidate will be given the following options:
- Save and Preview/ Submit- After filling all the required data and particulars, read declaration at the end of the page and select the check box if you are done with Online Application Formfilling. Then, click on save to save the data. If you are sure of the data entered, you can Preview/submit the online application.
- Modify and Confirm/Freeze- After the AP PGECET Application Form 2018 is submitted, Modify and Confirm/ Freeze option pops up. Modify option enables the candidate to review the entire application to correct error if any. And confirm/Freeze tab should be clicked in order to finally submit the application. The data in the application is frozen and no more editing is allowed.
- Once AP PGECET application form is completely filled it is suggested that a preview is done. The page will display the AP PGECET registration ID once the application form is filled.
- Candidate must note down the AP PGECET 2018 Registration ID. This ID will be used for the future reference.
Here is how your filled form will look like:
Application Process for GATE/ GPAT Score Holders
Candidates having GATE or GPAT Scores are exempted from appearing in AP PGECET. APSCHE has set a different admission procedure for them. Mentioned below are the steps that are to be followed:
Step 1: Payment of Application Fees
The fee of INR 500 has to be paid by the general category candidates. The Reserved (SC/ST) candidates have to pay an amount of INR 250.
Step 2: Log-in to the Exam Portal
The candidate has to provide the following details:
- Payment Source
- Transaction Number
- Date of Birth
- SSC (10th Class) Hall Ticket Number
- Month & Year of Passing SSC (10th Class)
Step 3: Fill AP PGECET Application Form
- GATE Details
- Qualifying Exam Details
- Candidate Other Details like Category, Local status etc
- Candidate Details
- Study Details
- Address for Correspondence
The candidate has to upload the scanned copy of the photograph, signature and GATE score card. Take a note of the registration number generated after the submission of AP PGECET application form.
Documents Required for AP PGECET Application Form
Before initiating the online application process, it is essential for the candidates to have the following documents and information ready in hand, in order to successfully complete the online application procedure.
- Scanned image of the candidate’s photograph and signature
- Following the successful application fee payment and filling up of the online application form, candidates will be required upload high quality scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and the candidate’s signature.
- A recent passport sized photograph must be uploaded. The standard dimensions of passport size photograph are 3.5 cm (width) and 4.5 cm (height).
- The scanned image of the candidate’s photograph must be either in .jpg or .jpeg format only. The size of the file containing the candidate’s photograph must not exceed 50 kb.
- Next, the candidate’s signature must be uploaded. For this purpose, they must sign on a white paper using a black pen and use the scanned image of this signature when asked.
- The scanned image of the candidate’s signature must either be in .jpg or .jpeg format. The size of the file containing the candidate’s photograph should be less than 30kb.
- If the AP PGECET 2018 application fee has been paid already at one of the AP Online Centre, the candidates must have the AP Online Transaction ID before starting the AP PGECET application filling process.
- If the candidates are making the necessary AP PGECET 2018 application fee payment online, then they must have the credit/debit card details. Alternatively, if online payment is being made via Net Banking, the candidates must have the valid User ID and the Password to access the Bank Account.
- Applicants are also required to have the unique Aadhaar card number at the time of applying since the Aadhaar card details are mandatory for the application process.
- Candidates needs to be aware of the definition of ‘Local’ and ‘Non Local’ since they must choose amongst the choices (AU/SVU/OU/Non Local/Other State) given at the application portal. The local area primarily depends on the candidate’s location of study in the 7 years preceding the qualifying examination. Candidate’s claim of being local/non local shall be verified at the time of counseling and admissions.
AP PGECET 2018 Form Correction
- Items, if required to be changed, can only be done if a corrcetion window is made open by the authorities.
- For items that cannot be changed by the candidate, a written request can be made to the Convener , AP PGECET 2018 through email with valid documents to email@example.com.
- Name and APPGECET-2018 Registration Number must be quoted for making corrections by the Convener.
Given below are the items that a candidate can/ can not change:
Items that can not be changed
|Issues||Original documents to be scanned and submitted along with online application form |
|Stream||Qualifying Examination Hall ticket /Degree/Provisional Certificate |
|Name of candidate|
SSC Mark list
|Date of Birth|
|Signature||Scanned copy of Signature |
|Photograph||Scanned copy of Photograph |
|Qualifying Hall Ticket Number||Qualifying Examination Hall Ticket |
Items that can be changed
|Qualifying Examination ||Year of Appearing / Passing the Qualifying Exam |
|Place of Study – Intermediate or equivalent||Inter Hall Ticket Number & Year of passing |
|Place of Study – SSC or equivalent ||SSC Hall Ticket Number & Year of passing |
|Mother’s Name||Birth State, Birth District |
|Gender, Category, Special Category, Local Area ||Non Minority / Minority |
|Annual Income of the Parents ||Study Details |
|Address for Correspondence, Mobile / E-mail id ||Aadhar Card Number |
Read more about AP PGECET Form Correction
For further assistance, candidates can approach the conducting authority at the following address:
A.U. College of Engineering (A)
Examination Building, Ground Floor
Vizag – 530003, A.P.
Ph Number: 0891 2579797
Official website: www.sche.ap.gov.in
AP PGECET 2018 Form Status- Applicants who have applied for AP PGECET 2018 through the online procedure will receive an SMS to the registered mobile number and a mail to the registered email ID regarding the successful submission status of the AP PGECET application.
AP PGECET Application Form FAQs
Ques. Can I obtain the application form for AP PGECET through offline mode?
Ans. No, the conducting authority has not made open any provision to obtain the form from offline mode. Candidates willing to apply for AP PGECET, must only fill the form at the official website.
Q. What is the meaning of Local Area?
Ans. Based on the places of study during the preceding 7 years of the qualifying examination, local area is decided.
- The part of the State comprising the districts of Srikakulam, Vizianagaram, Visakhapatnam, East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, Guntur and Prakasam shall be regarded as the AU Local Area.
- The part of the State Comprising the districts of Anantapur, Kurnool, Chittoor, Cuddapah and Nellore shall be regarded as the SVU Local Area
- If the places of study fall in districts of Telangana State, it shall be regarded as OU local area.
- Candidates who studied for more than 4 years in other states of India and whose parents are residing in State of Andhra Pradesh or Telanganafor a period of 10 years or whose parents are employed in State or Central or quasi Government organizations at the time of applying for the CET shall be considered as Non Local.
- Candidates who have completely studied in other states of India (other than AP and Telangana)and whose parents are not residents of Andhra Pradesh or Telangana will come under the category of Other State. Their admission into the colleges is subject to the orders in vogue at the time of admission. However,these credentials will be verified based on the certificates produced at the time of admission.
Q2.What is the meaning of Local and Non Local Candidates?
Ans. A candidate for admission shall be regarded as a local candidate in relation to a Local Area:
- If he/she has studied in educational Institution or educational Institutions in such local area for a period of not less than four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or as the case may be, first appeared in the relevant qualifying examination, (or)
- Where, during the whole or any part of the four consecutive academic years ending with the academic year in which he/she appeared or, as the case may be, first appeared for the relevant qualifying examination, he/she has not studied in any educational Institutions, if he/she has resided in that local area for a period of not less than four years immediately preceding the date of commencement of the relevant qualifying examination in which he/she appeared or, as the case may be, first appeared.
Q. What if I dont have a mobile number?
Ans. Mobile number is mandatory as your Transaction Id., Payment confirmation or any other future correspondence is through the correct Mobile number you enter. Hence, if you don’t have a Mobile number, enter your parents / guardian or close relatives / friends whom you can trust.
Q. What to do if you ‘Forgot registration number’?
Ans. In case the applicant has forgotten the registration number then he/she has to go through the following steps to get the AP PGECET 2018 registration number:
- Open the browser and type the link- sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet.
- Click on the sub link “Forgot registration number”.
- When you click on the link it will take you to a new page. You need to provide the details transaction id, mobile number and date of birth details.
- Click on proceed button and the details are received on the mobile number.
Q. What to do if you ‘Forgot Transaction number/ID’?
The candidate needs to follow 4 simple steps procedure to get the transaction number. The steps are as follows:
- Open the web browser and type the sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet.
- Click on the sub link given as “Forgot Transaction number”.
- This will take you to a new page. The candidate must provide the details of payment source, mobile number, date of birth, class 10 admit card and details of passing class 10.
- Click on “Proceed” button and the details are received on the mobile number and email id.
Q. How to Request for correction in AP PGECET Application Form?
Ans. If a candidate finds at a later stage that some information furnished is wrong he/she can request for the correction in AP PGECET application form. The candidate must follow the simple 4 step process given here:
- Open the official website sche.ap.gov.in/pgecet.
- Look for the sub link “Request corrections in application form”.
- Click on the link and this takes you to a new page. Provide the details about registration ID, mobile number and date of birth.
- Click on proceed button and a link is mailed to the email id to do the corrections.
- Follow the link and do the corrections in the application form and click on “Submit” button.
Q. Who can I contact in case of any queries?
Ans. You may contact the Convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org.