AMU BA LLB 2017 or Aligarh Muslim University BA LLB 2017 entrance exam is conducted by AMU for admissions into undergraduate law programmes of colleges affiliated to this university.
Those candidates wishing to pursue a degree in law from a prestigious university must register and appear for AMU BA LLB 2017 examination. There are 220 seats in total that are available for the purpose of admission and candidates will need to take the offline exam.
AMU BA LLB 2017 is a state level entrance exam. The AMU BA LLB 2017 Application Process will begin from February 15, 2017. The last day to apply online is February 15, 2017.
AMU BA LLB 2017 will be held on May 23, 2017. A candidate must have passed 10+2 or an equivalent examination with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks. AMU BA LLB 2017 will be conducted in offline mode. The applicants will be given 3 hours to complete the test.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Result will be declared in the second month of July. AMU BA LLB 2017 Counselling and Seat Allocation will begin from the first week of August. The candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of their rank in the Merit List.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Important Dates
It is important for the candidates to have knowledge of the complete schedule for the AMU BA LLB 2017 admission process. Some important dates that the candidate should keep in mind are given below.
|Availability of application form||January 15, 2017 to February 20, 2017|
|Last date for receipt of applications||February 25, 2017|
|Availability of Admit Card||April 20, 2017|
|Date of exam||May 23, 2017|
|Declaration of results||In the second week of July 2017|
|Start of Counselling Process||In the first week of august 2017|
AMU BA LLB 2017 Eligibility
The candidates seeking admission in law programmes of Aligarh Muslim University are advised to check the AMU BA LLB 2017 Eligibility Criteria before applying. It is essential for the candidates to satisfy the specific requirements stated by the University to be eligible for the exam. In case a candidate fails to fulfil the criteria, his application may be liable to be rejected.
The detailed AMU BA LLB 2017 eligibility criteria are provided below:
- The candidate must have qualified Senior Secondary School Certificate or an equivalent examination with an aggregate of minimum 50% marks.
- Those who have qualified the Bridge Course from AMU with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
- The maximum age limit is 22 years, as noted on July 1 of the year the candidate gains admission.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Application Fee and Payment
The application fee for AMU BA LLB 2017 is an amount of Rs. 500 and the candidate can pay it via a Demand Draft (in case of offline mode) or by using a credit / debit card or net banking (in case of online mode). The DD should be drawn in favour of Finance Officer, A.M.U., Aligarh and should be payable at Aligarh.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Application Process
The complete application process for AMU BA LLB 2017 is simple to understand and easy to follow. Candidates are advised to go through the details of application process before getting started with the procedure. The step by step AMU BA LLB 2017 Application process is given below.
- If a candidate has chosen the offline application procedure, he must begin by getting a Demand Draft ready for payment of application fee.
- It must be noted that the application fee can also be paid online by means of a Credit Card/Debit Card or Net Banking.
- Visit the official website and click on the link “AMU BA LLB 2017 Application”.
- Now, provide all the relevant details asked in the form such as, name, qualifications, address etc.
- Take a printout of the completed application form and keep it safe for future purpose.
- Send the filled in application form along with the necessary documents to the given address: Admission Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, AMU, Aligarh – 202002.
There are some documents that the candidate will need to provide as part of his application for AMU BA LLB 2017. The list of necessary documents to be sent along with the completed application form to the admission office of AMU is given below –
- Proof of payment of application fee
- Proof of candidate’s date of birth in the form of self-attested copies of 10th Board examination qualifying certificate or mark sheet
- Self-attested copies of 12th Board Examination mark sheet
- Other relevant documents such as PWD certificate, category certificate, etc.
AMU provides the candidates with the option to track the status of their application after completing the application process. This can be done by visiting the official website.
The candidate will be required to select the name of the course applied for, from a drop-down menu, enter his name along with his mother’s maiden name and then hit enter, to obtain the status of his application.
It must be noted that the database of AMU is updated every 72 hours and hence, if the candidate is unable to check the status of his application, he should wait for some time and try again later.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Admit Card
The admit card for AMU BA LLB 2017 entrance exam will be available for download from April 20th, 2017. Details such as the candidate’s name, his roll number, exam venue, exam date and exam time will be mentioned on the AMU BA LLB 2017 hall ticket. Candidates are advised to keep their admit card safe until the admission process is over.
The AMU BA LLB 2017 Admit Card is a very important document and the candidates must carry it with them on the day of the exam. Entry inside the exam hall may be denied in case a candidate fails to produce his hall ticket. The detailed procedure to download the admit card is given below.
- Visit the official website of AMU and click on the link “AMU BA LLB 2017 Admit Card”.
- Select the course name as “BA LLB” form the menu.
- Enter the Transaction ID and Course ID, where required.
- Click on the “download” button.
- View and download the admit card and take sufficient number of printouts.
If a candidate has forgotten his Transaction Id, he should click on the link “Forgot Transaction ID”. The applicant will be redirected to a webpage where he would have to provide candidate’s name and mother’s maiden name and click on the button below to access his Transaction ID.
In case admit card is not available for download, the candidate must wait for 72 hours, in which duration the database is updated to include new information, and then check back again.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Test Centres
AMU BA LLB 2017 exam will be conducted for at following test centres:
- Murshidabad (WB)
- Malappuram (Kerala)
AMU BA LLB 2017 Exam Pattern
The candidates wishing to appear for the AMU entrance exam for law courses must be aware of the AMU BA LLB 2017 exam pattern before applying. It will help them understand the format of the exam and many other essential features. The complete details regarding the exam pattern are given below.
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||Two hours|
|Number of questions||75 objective and 10 subjective|
|Marks Distribution||Objective questions – 1 mark each Subjective questions – 2.5 mark each|
|Marking Scheme||Negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer in case of objective questions ,No penalty in case of subjective questions|
|Subjects||General English ,Current Affairs and General Knowledge (centred around legal issues) ,Reasoning & Aptitude|
AMU BA LLB 2017 Results
The candidates who have appeared for AMU BA LLB 2017 are eagerly waiting for the results to be announced. It is expected that the declaration of results will take place in the second week of July. This is a tentative stipulation and some changes in the timeline may be made by the examination conducting body.
The AMU BA LLB 2017 rank list will be made available on the official website of AMU. The candidates are hence advised to check the website regularly and check their emails often. The candidates will be able to download their AMU BA LLB 2017 score card once the results are officially announced. The detailed procedure to check the result is provided below.
- Visit the official website and click on the link “AMU BA LLB 2017 Results”. Please note that this may be worded differently.
- Download the PDF file containing the roll numbers of qualified students.
- Search for your roll number in the PDF of the result.
- In case the candidate’s roll number is present in the result document, he will be called for further rounds of counselling.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Merit List
The merit list for AMU BA LLB 2017 will be made available as soon as the official results are announced. Candidates can view and download the merit list for reference purposes.
The AMU BA LLB 2017 results are expected to be declared in the second week of July. The candidates must make sure that they check the AMU website frequently for any latest updates. The procedure to download the merit list is explained below.
- Visit the official website of AMU.
- Click on the link “Results”. Note that this may be worded differently.
- Download the merit list in PDF format.
- Check if your roll number is present in the list.
- In case the roll number of the candidates is present, he will be invited for counselling process.
AMU BA LLB 2017 Counselling
Upon the announcement of the results and the declaration of merit list, the AMU BA LLB 2017 seat allotment process will begin. The tentative schedule for the counselling process is first week of August and the qualified candidates will be required to attend the counselling process in person.
The AMU BA LLB 2017 counselling for law programmes will be conducted at the campus of Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). The students whose roll number has appeared in the merit list will be eligible for participating in the seat allotment process.
The counselling schedule will be put up on the website after the declaration of results. It may be noted that individual candidates will not be intimated by post or email about the counselling procedure. Hence, it is strongly advised to frequently check the website for any updates.
The seat allotment process will be conducted based on the merit of the student. According to a candidate’s merit, a seat in a BA LLB course will be allotted to them and then the candidate will be required to report at the University with necessary documents. The admission sum counselling fee of Rs. 11145 will have to be paid at this stage by the candidate.
The candidate must provide true and accurate documents in original while attending the counselling process. In case the documents are found to be false or not in compliance with the University stated norms, the candidate will be refused admission. Another candidate next in line, due to his merit, will be offered admission against the same seat.
Documents Required for AMU BA LLB 2017 Counselling
There are some important documents that a candidate must carry at the AMU BA LLB 2017 counselling process:
- Candidate’s admit card for AMU BA LLB 2017
- Candidate’s10th Passing Certificate (as proof of Date of Birth)
- Candidate’s12th Passing Certificate and Mark sheet (with self-attested photo-copies)
- Candidate’s Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate’s Physically Challenged Certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate’s Transfer/Migration Certificate
- Candidate’s Conduct Certificate
- A Demand Draft of Rs. 11145 drawn in favour of Finance Officer, AMU, payable at Aligarh