AILET 2017-Application Form, Eligibility, Exam pattern
AILET 2017 – All India Law Entrance Test is scheduled on May 7, 2017. The AILET Application Form for the 2017 session will be available on the official website of NLU, Delhi from January 3, 2017.
The AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for B.A. LLB. consists of 5 sections namely English, GK, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics. The candidates have to attempt 150 questions within the stipulated duration of 90 minutes.
According to the official notification released by NLU, Delhi the AILET 2017 Eligibility Criteria of age for admission is withdrawn. The AILET fee for General Category Candidates is Rs.3000/ and for SC/ST/PwD is Rs. 1000/-. Those candidates who have successfully submitted the AILET 2017 Application Form can download the AILET Admit Card from the official website of NLU tentatively on April 14, 2017.
The conducting authority will release the AILET Result for 2017 tentatively on May 18, 2017 on the official website of NLU, Delhi. After the announcement of AILET Result, NLU releases category wise merit list. NLU issues letters to the qualified candidates and the candidates will have to remit the NLU Admission fees. Spot counselling is conducted for the remaining seats and the final NLU admission process for AILET 2017 is completed by July 25.
AILET 2017 Exam Dates
National Law University Delhi conducts AILET for admissions in 5-year integrated BA LLB Programme and one year LLM & Ph. D program. This table below gives the tentative calendar for AILET 2017. All the important AILET Exam Dates are detailed in the chronological order based on the official NLU calendar for AILET 2016.
|Availability of AILET 2017 Application Form||January 3, 2017|
|Last date for submission of AILET 2017 Application Forms||April 7, 2017|
|Availability of AILET Admit Card||April 14, 2017|
|Date of AILET 2017||May 7, 2016|
|Timing for AILET 2017||From 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM|
|AILET Results||May 18, 2017|
|Publishing of AILET Merit List||May 18, 2017|
|Issue of letters to candidates||May 18, 2017|
|Last date of remittance of NLU Admission fees by the candidates- AILET 2017 Counselling||June 10, 2017|
|NLU Spot Counselling for AILET 2017 (For vacant seats)||June 30, 2017|
|Last date for depositing fee for the candidates selected in NLU counseling||July 11, 2017|
|Closing of admission||July 25, 2017|
|Interview of selected candidates||July 29 - 30, 2017|
|Orientation||July 31, 2017|
|Commencement of Classes||August 1, 2017|
AILET 2017 Eligibility Criteria
The examination authority, NLU devises separate eligibility criteria for BA LLB, LLM and PH.D programs. The candidates can check the AILET 2017 Eligibility Criteria for different programs below:
AILET 2017 Eligibility for LLB Program:
- Candidate must have passed Class 12 with the minimum aggregate marks of 50%.
- According to the official notification released by NLU, Delhi the eligibility criteria of age for admission is withdrawn. Check the official notification.
- Candidates appearing in 12th class examination in March/April are also eligible for applying
AILET 2017 Eligibility for LLM Course:
- Candidate with LLB degree or any other equivalent degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks can apply (In case of SC/ST/PwD it is 50% marks)
- Candidate appearing in last year of LLB can also apply
Eligibility for Ph.D. course:
- LL.M. Degree with 55% marks or its equivalent (50% in case of SC/ST/ Persons with Disability)
AILET 2017 Application Fee
The category wise details of AILET 2017 Application Fee are detailed below. The candidates can remit the fee either by online or offline mode for AILET 2017.
The fee structure for different categories as well:
- For GEN/OBC category candidates: Rs. 3000/-.
- For SC/ST/PwD category candidates: Rs. 1000/-.
- The application form for AILET 2017 is free of cost for the candidates belonging from SC/ST category below the poverty line.
AILET 2017 Application Form
The AILET 2017 Application Form will be available from January 3, 2017. The applicants can access the AILET Application Form on the official website of NLU. The last date of submission of AILET Application Form is April 7, 2017. The candidates should follow the step by step procedure given below to fill the application form for AILET 2017:
- Registration: The first stage for candidates is to register themselves on the AILET official website. It can be done by following the steps given below:
- Visit AILET Official website of NLU Delhi.
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ link.
- Fill the basic information such as contact number, email ID, name, parents’ name, address and date of birth.
- After filling the AILET Application form, click on Registration button. It’ll take you to Application Locker page where you have to confirm the provided details.
- AILET Application Form: The candidates need to fill the AILET 2017 Application Form by following the steps given below:
- You have to choose the college from the list of NLUs and click on ‘Click here to Apply’ button.
- On the next page, select the course from the drop down menu.
- Then click on ‘Apply Now’ button.
- After being redirected to the online application form of AILET 2017, you need to fill the form.
- Uploading Images: Upload the scanned photograph. The size of the scanned photograph must not exceed 150 KB. The face of the candidate should cover at least 75% of the photograph. Scanned copy of photograph can be in .bmp, .jpg or .gif format. Click on “save” and proceed to make payment.
- AILET Application Fee Payment: There are two available modes of payment for AILET 2017: offline and online. For offline payment, the applicant has to remit the fee for at the post office. For online payment, they can submit the fee via net banking/debit card/credit card.
- After the candidates have made the payment, they will receive a confirmation mail from. The applicants should download the acknowledgment from the mail or from the Application Locker under the Application Submitted area
Read the complete details of how to fill AILET 2017 Application form.
AILET 2017 Admit Card
The examination authority will issue the AILET Admit Card on April 14, 2017 (Tentative). The candidates can download the AILET 2017 Admit Card from the AILET Official website of NLU Delhi. The admit card is a mandatory document for the candidates to appear in the test.
The procedure to download the admit card for AILET 2017 comprises of following steps:
- Visit the official website of AILET 2017 – NLU Delhi.
- Enter your name and date of birth or AILET 2017 application number.
- Take a print out of your AILET Admit Card.
- Save e-admit card for future reference.
Read the complete details of AILET Admit Card.
AILET Exam Centers
AILET is held in 21 cities across India. The candidates can check the complete list of AILET Exam Centers for 2017. They can choose the convenient exam center for AILET 2017 while filling up the AILET Application Form. The final allotted exam center is mentioned in the AILET Admit Card.
AILET 2017 Exam Pattern
The AILET 2017 Exam is scheduled on May 7, 2017. It is a pen and paper based examination. The AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for each of the BA LLB, LLM and Ph.D Programs is different.
AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for BA LLB
- The time duration for BA LLB AILET is 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The exam consists of 150 questions.
- Every question carries one mark each. Each incorrect entry and multiple answer entry is considered for negative marking. A negative marking of 0.25 is applicable.
- The AILET 2017 question paper will contain the following sections- English, General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude, Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics.
- There are 35 questions in each of the first four sections and 10 question in the last section.
AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for LLM
- The duration of AILET 2017 for LLM is 90 minutes.
- The AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for LLM consists of two sections- 100 Objective questions and one Essay question.
- The total marks of the test is 150- 100 marks for the objective section and 50 marks for the essay section.
AILET 2017 Exam Pattern for Ph.D. Programmes
- AILET exam for Ph. D programs consist of two papers- paper 1 (Research Methodology) and paper 2(Research Proposal Specific Paper).
- The paper 1 contains 100 multiple choice questions and the time duration is 1 hour 30 minutes.
- In paper 2, the candidates have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages on the topic of their Ph.D. degree.
Read the complete details of AILET 2017 Exam Pattern.
AILET 2017 Syllabus
The candidates appearing for AILET 2017 must have the complete knowledge of AILET Syllabus. The important details of AILET 2017 Syllabus is given below:
The AILET 2017 Syllabus for LLB consists of the following topics- General Knowledge, Reasoning, Basic Mathematics, English, Legal Aptitude.
The AILET 2017 Syllabus for LLM includes the following topics- Law Of Contracts, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Legal Theory, Essay.
Note: The LLM Exam Syllabus may vary according to the BCI and the conducting body.
Read the complete details of AILET 2017 Syllabus.
AILET Question Paper
Practicing the sample papers or previous years’ question papers is an essential part of preparation. The candidates can download the previous year AILET Papers in order to gain acquainted with the pattern of the examination and get familiar with the difficulty level. Download the previous years’ AILET Question Paper:
The AILET Result is announced on the official website of NLU Delhi. The AILET Result will be available only in the online mode in PDF format. NLU releases the AILET Result according to different categories. You need to search for your name in the list in the PDF. Along with the result, it also releases AILET Merit Lists. The AILET 2017 Result for different courses will be declared as per the following schedule:
|AILET Course||AILET Result Date (Tentative)|
|AILET-BA LLB||May 18, 2017|
|AILET- LLM||July 01, 2017|
|AILET- PhD||July 15, 2017|
The candidates can check their results for AILET 2017 by the following given steps:
- Log on to http://www.nludelhi.ac.in/ailet.aspx.
- Click on the AILET 2017 Result.
- Download the AILET result.
Read the complete details of result, merit list, tie breaker policies, AILET Results.
AILET 2017 Answer Key
NLU releases the AILET Answer key on its official website. The AILET Answer key for the respective courses will be released by the 3rd week of May. The answer key will contain all the answers to the questions asked in the question paper of AILET 2017. It enables the students to figure out how much they have scored. With the help of this and the previous years’ cut off, the students can evaluate their performance and calculate their results.
Download AILET Question Paper and Answer Key.
AILET 2016 Cutoff
On the basis of AILET Results, NLU prepares the AILET cutoff which forms the basis of short listing candidates for admission into law programs. After the declaration of AILET Result and Merit list, NLU Delhi will determine the cut off. The candidates who meet the AILET cutoff will be entitled to receive the admission letter. The Cut off enables the candidates to find out how many marks they require to seek admission in the law programs
For admission in BA LLB programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 98 out of 150 for General category, 65 for Scheduled Caste, 60 for Scheduled Tribe, 58 for Person with Disability and 82 for Kashmiri Migrants. For admissions to LLM programs, AILET 2016 Cut off was 85 out of 150 for General category, 70 for Scheduled Caste, 52 for Scheduled Tribe and 65 for Person with Disability.
Check the previous years’ trends and expected cut off for 2017, AILET Cutoff.
AILET 2017 Counseling Process
TheAILET 2017 counseling procedure will be conducted in offline mode by National Law University, Delhi. It will be held after merit list is published by the university on its website.
The examination authority will issue the admission letters to the qualified candidates. Such candidates should remit the admission-cum-counseling fee for AILET 2017. In case the candidates fail to do so within the stipulated time, the candidature for admission in the law program will stand canceled. The admission-cum-counseling fee of AILET 2017 has to be remitted to the NLU admission office latest by the third week of June.
Once the admissions are made in the first slot, a list of shortlisted candidates is issued by NLU Delhi for AILET 2017 Spot Counseling Round. AILET 2017 Spot Counseling Round will be conducted in the fourth week of June. It is the last round of AILET 2017 admissions. It will be valid for the candidates in the waiting list category. No further admissions will be made after AILET 2017 Spot Counseling Round.
Read the complete process of AILET 2017 Counselling.
AILET and CLAT Difference
- CLAT has an intake capacity of 2164seats for undergraduate programs. In AILET the intake capacity is restricted to only around 70 seats for BA LLB programs. Other than number of seats available, the number of applicants is another factor that makes AILET tougher than CLAT.
- The number of applications received for CLAT and AILET last year is 39686 and 16215. Due to lesser seats in comparision to the number of applications received, AILET is statistically more difficult to crack than CLAT.
- CLAT will be conducted in online mode whereas AILET will be held in offline mode.
Read more about CLAT.