AIIMS PG 2017 Round 2 Counselling is to be held on June 13, 2017. The 1st round of AIIMS PG 2017 counselling was conducted on June 5, 2017. There are various factors such as availability of seats, choice of course and candidates’ rank based on which seat allotment procedure for AIIMS PG is conducted.
- There are two rounds ofAIIMS PG Counselling counselling allong with an open round counselling for vacant seats after the first two rouds of counselling.
- There are total 154 seats in AIIMS Delhi for PG courses in different departments. The authorities have announced the category wise seats matrix for PG courses in all the 7 AIIMS (All India Institute Of Medical Science).
- Candidates are shortlisted for counselling on the basis of their percentile score.
- The minimum cut off for the entrance test is 50th percentile.
- Out of the total number of seats for PG courses, 49.5% seats are reserved for reserved category candidates (SC, ST and OBC-NCL) excluding seats for sponsored/foreign category candidates.
AIIMS announces AIIMS PG 2017 Result in two formats- Rank-wise and Roll number wise. The result for AIIMS PG 2017 July session has been uploaded on the official site on May 13, 2017. Candidates will be called to take part in the counselling process in order of their ranks.
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling
AIIMS PG 2017 Round 1 Counselling process is over. The candidates will be called for AIIMS PG Counselling depending upon their rank the merit list. The candidate higher in percentile will have higher chances of admission to the course of choice.
Additional Documents Required For AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling:
- Internship Completion Certificate/Certificate from the Head of Institution that the candidate will be completing the internship by 30th January, 2017
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate issued by MCI or DCI/State Medical or Dental Council
- Date of Birth Proof
- A valid SC/ST/OBC/ Physical Disability Certificate issued by the competent authority
- AIIMS PG 2017 Admit Card
- AIIMS PG 2017 Rank letter
- MBBS/BDS 1st, 2nd and 3rd Exam Mark sheets
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling Process
The AIIMS PG Counselling Process for 2017 is mentioned below:
- The selected candidates can download their call letter from the official website of AIIMS which is www.aiimsexams.org.
- In each category number of candidates called for the counselling will be equal to 8 times the total number of seats.
- The order of AIIMS Counselling will be General/50% preferential candidates of total MBBS seats of AIIMS/SC/ST/OBC.
- Counselling will be done by considering the combined AIIMS PG Merit list starting from the candidate who has secured 1st rank in the examination.
- Candidates can give choices based on the availability of seats.
- If any one of the candidates is absent for counselling, then the next candidate will be considered.
- While one of the reserved candidates is called based on combined mark list, then he/she will be given a provision to give his choice under both reserved as well as in unreserved category. If the subject chosen by the candidate is available at that time in both reserved and unreserved category, then that seat will be allocated to the candidate and he/she will be considered as unreserved category candidate and his/her seat will be unreserved seat.
- The candidate will be given a reserved seat only when the subject chosen by the candidate is no longer available in unreserved category.
- Only after finishing the counselling for unreserved category, the reserved category counselling will start.
- If any ST category seat remained unfilled after calling all the eligible ST candidates then that seat will be made available to SC category students.
- Likewise ,if any SC/ST category seat remained unfilled after calling all the eligible SC/ST candidates then that seat will be made available to General category students.
- Likewise ,if any OBC category seat remained unfilled after calling all the eligible OBC candidates then that seat will be made available to General category students.
- At the time of AIIMS PG Counselling the candidates are requested to bring the original copies showing birth certificate(Matriculation Certificate) , proof which shows that the candidates belong to SC/ST/OBC(if applicable), MBBS/BDS mark sheet, internship completion certificate as well as permanent medical registration certificate.
- If one seat is available and the candidate have chosen that subject and if the candidate is eligible for getting that seat, then he/she should confirm his/her seat, if it is given to them at the time of first counselling. If the seat is not available then he/she should wait till the second counselling and wait for the seat availability.
- After confirming the seat the candidate has to pay the fees and should undergo medical check-up. If the candidate failed to deposit the fees then he/she will not be considered for the second round counselling.
- If the candidate has given his/her original certificate in some other college elsewhere in India or abroad and has taken admission in that college will be allowed to attend the first counselling if and only if he/she should provide documentary evidence showing that their original certificates are deposited in those colleges.
- If due to unavoidable circumstances the candidate can’t attend the first counselling then an authorised representative (with an undertaking and authority letter for allotment) can participate in the counselling process with the required documents. But it is mandatory that the original candidate should attend the second counselling and deposit all the original documents.
- If any disputes occur at the time of Counselling the decision taken by the Chairperson of the Counselling Committee will be final.
- If any disputes occur based on the AIIMS PG examination, then that will be dealt by High Court, New Delhi.
- After deposition of the fee the candidates have to undergo Medical examination. This year it will be on 1st January 2017.
- All candidates who confirmed their seats, paid fees and have undergone medical check-up should attend the classes which starts from 28th February 2017. No student will be allowed join after 28th February 2017.
- No TA/DA will be allotted to candidates for attending the counselling
- The candidates who have already done MS/MD/MDS in any subject during the time of counselling will not be given admission for MS/MD/MDS courses. If at the later stage if it is found about the false undertaking then his/her registration will be cancelled.
- The candidate who has confirmed his seat has to go through the biometric verification. Moreover he/she has to undergo this biometric verification at the time of joining also.
- If some identity crisis occurs then those candidates need to go for verification provisionally. They have to appear in-front of the Dean’s Committee Room , next day 11:00am.If the candidate fail to appear , then he/she will be out from the whole counselling process.
AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Allocation
The AIIMS PG Seat Allocation is completed in three rounds. In the each consecutive rounds of AIIMS PG Seat Allocation there are three separate groups of candidates. The process for the three rounds for AIIMS PG 2017 is detailed below:
AIIMS PG 2017 First Round of Seat Allocation
- This year first round counselling will be on June 5, 2017.
- Group 1: Group 1 candidates are those candidates who got seat in their chosen subject in the first counselling itself and have confirmed their seats there itself. They are not allowed to change their seats during the further selection process and are not allowed to sit for the second round counselling.
- Group 2: Group 2 candidates are those candidates who want to take the subject A, but are not able to do that because of their ranking. They have now chosen the subject B and confirmed the provisional seat. These candidates can attend the second round counselling and their provisional seat will b confirmed only if the subject A is still unavailable to them even after the second round counselling.
- Group 3: Group 3 candidates are those candidates who didn’t take any provisional seats in the first round counselling and wants to come for the second round counselling and are eligible for that.
- All candidates in Group 1 should pay the fees after the confirmation of seats. If the candidates failed to pay the fees or failed to join the course after paying the fees will lose their seat permanently and will not be allowed to attend the second round counselling. So it is requested that all those candidates who has confirmed the seats in first round counselling should pay fees and join within the prescribed time limit.
- If the candidates are not able to attend the first round counselling in case of unavoidable circumstances, then his/her authorised representative can attend the first round counselling.
AIIMS PG Second Round of Seat Allocation
- The second round counselling will be on June 13, 2017.
- Group 2 and group 3 candidates can attend second round counselling under the clauses F(c) and F(d).
- Group 2 candidates can participate in the second round counselling and confirm their provisional seats if still the subjects which they wanted is unavailable to them due to their rank in merit list.
- If the candidate in Group 2 failed to attend the second round counselling the seat allotted to him will be lost.
- After the second round counselling all seats will be “confirmed seats”.
AIIMS PG 2017 Open Counselling
AIIMS PG Open Counselling will be held on August 25, 2017. AIIMS PG Open counselling is done to fill those seats which remain vacant even after the second round AIIMS PG counselling.
- Some filled seats will be vacant after the biometric verification. As those seats were full after the 1st or second round of counselling, there won’t be any other way to fill those seats other than open counselling if they remain unfilled after biometric verification round.
- The final list of all vacant seats after first and second round counselling and the list of vacated seats due to mismatch in documents or biometric verification will be given on the AIIMS website.
- Any seats remaining vacant after 1:00P.M. on August 25, 2017 will be listed later.
- All those candidates who are willing to attend the open counselling should register in the “Registration for open counselling” link given in the official website of AIIMS. As many of the candidates will be eagerly waiting for getting admissions to AIIMS it is better to keep a watch on official website of AIIMS too often. You guys don’t know when some kind of new announcement based on the vacant seat will be available on the website. So if we visit the page too often we will get the information about vacant seats and can register for them as so as possible. During the last moments it is damn sure that there will be high traffic and accessing the AIIMS page will be pretty difficult.
- The online registration for AIIMS PG Open Counselling will start on August 25, 2017. All those students who want to go for open counselling is requested to register in the link provided for open counselling within this time. The candidates can’t register for open counselling if they miss this deadline. No further extension will be given for registration.
- And at the time of open counselling the candidates need to show the print of this registration to ensure that they have registered in the link along with the original documents. So take the print out after registering and keep a hard copy for further usage.
- Candidates will not be allowed to attend the open counselling if they didn’t show their registration slip at the time of online registration.
AIIMS PG 2017 Spot Counselling
- Open counselling is done to fill the seats which remain vacant after first and second round counselling. But there are some cases in which some of the seats still remain vacant even after open counselling. The spot counselling is meant for filling those seats which remain vacant after open counselling.
- The information about spot counselling will be given in newspapers and will be displayed in then official website of AIIMS. So even after the open counselling the aspirants can still visit AIIMS website and check for the spot counselling allotment announcements.
- The date for spot counselling will be decided later on.
AIIMS PG 2017 Cut-off Scores
According to the rules, candidate should secure a minimum of 50 Percentile to be eligible for the admission. A candidate getting 50 percentile marks means that he/she has got more marks than 50 percentage of candidates who have written the exam also we can interpret it like, 50 percentage of candidates who have taken the exam are above him/her. Those entire candidates below 50 percentile will be eliminated from the selection process.
AIIMS PG 2017 Percentile Scores
Percentile score shows percentage of candidates who are equal to or below a particular percentile in the examination. Highest score is converted to 100. And all the scores between the lower and higher values are converted to their respective percentile values. To avoid ties and to avoid bunching values percentile values are calculated to 3 decimal places. Consider an example.
Let us assume that one exam is been written by 100 candidates.
- If candidate A has got 100 percentile, it means that no other candidate got more marks than A. It also means that, all other candidates got marks either less than or equal to the mark secured by the candidate A.
- If candidate B has got 90 percentile, which means that 90% of the students who have written the examination secured equal or less than the mark secured by B. It also means that there are other students who have secured more marks than the marks secured by B.
- If candidate C has got 50 percentile, which means that 50% of the students who have written the examination secured equal or less than the mark secured by C. It also means that there are 50% of students have secured more marks than the marks secured by C.
- If candidate D has got 30 percentile, which means that 30% of the students who have written the examination secured equal or less than the mark secured by D. It also means that there are 70% of students have secured more marks than the marks secured by D.
- If candidate E has got 10 percentile, which means that 10% of the students who have written the examination secured equal or less than the mark secured by E. It also means that there are 90% of students have secured more marks than the marks secured by E.
- If a candidate F has got 1 percentile, which means that no other candidate who has taken the examination scored less than or equal to F. It also indicates that all the candidates who have taken the examination secured more marks than what is secured by F in the examination.
AIIMS PG 2017 Reservation
There is a 49.5% AIIMS PG Reservation Criteria for the SC (Scheduled Castes), ST (Scheduled Tribes) and NCL (Non-creamy layer) candidates. This excludes the Sponsored or Foreign nationals.
- All those candidates who are applying for reserved seats should submit relevant documents showing that they belong to such categories. For a candidate who is applying for OBC category, he/she should submit the category certificate which is issued within last one year and it should be before the date of first counselling.
- No seats are reserved for Orthopediac Physically Handicapped person in MDS course.
- For Orthopediac Physically handicapped people 3% seats are reserved in MD/MS.
- For those Indian nationalities who are willing to pursue MD/MS, and those who have qualified the examination and are Orthopedically Physically handicapped will be getting a reservation of 3%. And this reservation will be given on horizontal basis, as per their rank in the merit list.
AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Intake
The AIIMS PG Seat Intake for Clinical Science, Basic Clinical Science and MDS courses is mentioned below
|03||Dermatology & Venereology||2||0||1||0||1||1|
|08||Obst. & Gynaecology||9||3||3||2||1||0|
|14||Physical Medical & Rehabilitation||0||0||0||0||0||2|
Basic Clinical Science
|Code||Subject/ Specialty||Total seats||UR||O.B.C||S.C.||S.T.||Foreign/Sponsored|
|28||Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics||1||1||0||0||0||0|
|30||Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery||1||1||0||0||0||0|