The All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi conducts the AIIMS PG Examination (All India Institute of Medical Science, Post Graduate Examination) twice a year for admission in MD(Doctor of Medicine), MS(Master of Surgery), M.Ch(Master of Chirurgiae-6 YRS.), DM(Doctorate of Medicine-6 YRS.), and MDS(Master of Dental Surgery) courses. The filling of AIIMS PG 2017 Application Form starts from September 6, 2016. The last date to complete the AIIMS PG Application process for 2017 is September 26, 2016. The candidates can only apply online for the AIIMS PG Entrance exam.
In the article below, the readers can find all the important information regarding the step-wise AIIMS PG Application process 2017, AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria 2017 and the latest upcoming updates of AIIMS PG Admit Card,
October 14, 2016: October 16, 2016 (till 5.00 pm)
is the last date to submit documents for regularization of rejected AIIMS PG Application Forms. AIIMS PG Admit Card
for PG 2017 entrance is to be released on October 24, 2016.
AIIMS PG 2017 Application Process Important Dates
This is the schedule for AIIMS PG Examination for the January session of 2017. The aspiring candidates should note down all the significant dates of the examination.
|Events||AIIMS Exam Dates|
|Commencement of AIIMS Online Registration||September 06, 2016|
|Last Date of filling the AIIMS PG Application Form 2017||September 26, 2016 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Check status of AIIMS PG Form and List of Rejected Applications with reason for rejection||October 06, 2016|
|The Last date to submit essential documents for Regularization of Rejected AIIMS PG Application Forms||October 15, 2016|
|Last Date to receive forwarded and approved applications forms with No Objection for Foreign Nationals||October 15, 2016|
|Availability of AIIMS PG Admit Card 2017||October 24, 2016(Upcoming)|
|Date of AIIMS PG Examination||November 13, 2016|
Eligibility criteria for AIIMS PG 2017
It is important for a candidate to check AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria before applying for the AIIMS PG Entrance test. If students are not found eligible for the exam, then their candidatures are liable for rejection at any stage of the admission procedure. An applicant must have passed MBBS/BDS degree from a university recognized by the MCI or any other state medical Council. They must have completed 1-year compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training on or before January 30, 2017.
Those students who complete their internship after January 30, 2017, are not eligible to apply. General and OBC category candidates must have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates) in the MBBS/BDS professional examinations.
Important Guidelines for AIIMS PG Application Process 2017
The candidates must fill the AIIMS PG Application Form very carefully. Incorrect details in the application form may lead to the rejection of the candidate’s application.
Below are some useful facts to keep in mind during the AIIMS PG Application Process 2017 –
- The candidates must ensure that they provide their correct correspondence addresses, mobile numbers, and email addresses, to avoid any kind of miscommunication.
- Downloadable AIIMS PG Admit Card 2017 of all the eligible candidates will be available on the AIIMS official website. AIIMS PG Admit Card will not be sent by post.
- Any change in the contact information should be immediately intimated to the examination office.
- A candidate must not provide false information or withhold any relevant information in the application form. In case, such an action is committed, the candidate will be debarred from admission, and his residency will be terminated with immediate effect.
- A candidate must check his AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria before applying. If ineligibility is detected at any stage, candidature/admission of the candidate will be canceled without any notice.
AIIMS PG Application Form 2017
The candidates desirous of obtaining admission into the 2017 PG program of AIIMS must submit their AIIMS PG Application Form in the prescribed format, which is available online. The cost of the application form includes the fee for the entrance examination and is non-refundable.
How to register online for AIIMS PG 2017?
- A candidate must click on the option “Online Registration”.
- Fill the mandatory details asked for.
- After finishing all the relevant details, the candidate must deposit the specified fee through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
An acknowledgment of successful registration will be sent to the applicant’s email ID. Candidates can check their status of uploaded images within two working days from the date of registering. The rejected images can be updated till the AIIMS PG Application Form portal is open. The candidates are advised to the check final status of their registration form on the AIIMS Official website.
- No candidate should register for more than one application. Submission of duplicate applications can result in cancellation of candidature.
- All applicants are required to ensure that Photo/Signature/Left Thumb Impression is uploaded in the prescribed format. Failure to do so may result in rejection of applications.
Step 1- Registration
- Visit the AIIMS Official Website.
- Click on “Academic Courses” to navigate to the course you want to register for.
- If already registered, enter Candidate ID, password (already sent on registered email id) and Captcha and then click on the Login button. Otherwise, click on “New Registration”.
- Read carefully the instructions provided on the page that you are directed to.
- Now, click on “Proceed” button. “New Candidate Registration Form” will open.
- For first time login, the candidate is required to change his password through “Change Password” tab.
- Re-login with the new password to complete the due steps of the registration process.
- Fill all the required details in the AIIMS PG Application Form 2017.
- Then, click on “Save and Proceed” button.
- On the confirmation page, check whether all the details entered is correct or not.
- After that, click on “Save and Proceed” button to go to next page that is Qualification Page.
- Click on “Edit” Button to edit the details and then click on Update.
Step 2- Fill Qualification Details
- Fill in correct details of Qualifying Examination, Internship and Medical Registration.
- After that, click on “Save and Proceed” button.
Step 3- Centre Choice
- The 3rd step is to choose exam center on the first come first served basis from the available list of AIIMS PG Exam centers.
- Then, click on “Proceed” button.
Step 4- Payment of AIIMS PG Application fee:
The step to pay the registration fee for the AIIMS PG examination comes after the step to choose the center for the examination. After the candidates have successfully filled out all the relevant information and have chosen his exam venue, he can proceed to the payment option.
The payment has to be made online and can be done using either a Debit Card or a Credit Card or through Net Banking.
Steps to pay application fee are given below:
- To make the payment, candidates should click on “Online Payment” button. The candidate will be redirected to the bank’s payment gateway where he can choose a card option or net banking option.
- After filling all the required details, the candidate should click on “Pay” button.
After the successful payment of the form fee, the Payment Receipt will be generated. The candidate must remember to save this receipt and take a printout. This will serve as proof of fee payment. The printout can be obtained by clicking on the “Print” button.
Step 5- Uploading of Documents
After the payment has been made, the candidate proceeds to the next step of uploading the required images. These are –
- Latest passport size photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Left thumb Impression of the candidate
The supported digital format includes gif, png. and jpeg/jpg. Before uploading any image, the candidate is strongly advised to read the instructions carefully.
When the applicant is ready to upload the images, he should follow the steps given below –
- Click on the “Choose file button”. This will open a window to navigate the path where the image is stored.
- Select the particular image and then, look at the preview generated.
- If satisfied with the image preview, click on “Accept” button.
- Else, try again to upload the image by following the same steps as above.
- After uploading all three images, click on the checkbox of the declaration and then click on “Save and Proceed” button.
Important Instructions for Uploading Images for AIIMS PG Application Form 2017:
Candidates should upload their recent passport size photograph, signature and left thumb impression as a part of the AIIMS PG Application process 2017. There are, however, some very important things to keep in mind before uploading these images. So, the candidates must go through these instructions carefully to avoid the rejection of the AIIMS PG Application Form 2017 on these grounds.
Given below are the guidelines for uploading the necessary images:
- One (1) recent color passport size photograph with white background is required. The dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5*4.5 cm (width*height).
- Black & White / Polaroid photographs are NOT acceptable. The Photograph should not be taken by a phone camera.
- The Photograph should be taken professionally, so that it may not blur while enlarging.
- Photograph MUST be taken recently and should not be taken more than six months prior to the start of AIIMS PG Application process 2017.
- Draw a box having size 3.5 x 4.5 cm (width*height) on a plain white sheet and paste the photograph inside the box.
- Select the area containing only the photograph, not the whole sheet and scan the photograph in 200 dpi.
- Save the scanned image as “Photograph.jpg". The size of the image should be between 10 KB to 100 KB.
- The photograph uploaded must also meet the following criterion –
- Good digital resolution
- Facial Area more than 50% of total
- No colored background
- No shadow on candidate’s face
- No dark/tinted spectacles or sunglasses
- Spectacle rim over eyes
- No stray lock of hair falling over the candidate’s face
- Looking straight into the camera
- No improper flash or lighting
The applicants can see below the samples of rejected photograph:
- SIGNATURE SPECIFICATIONS:
- Draw a box of size 6 x 3 cms (width * height), on a plain white sheet and put the signature inside the box.
- Signature should be done with thick point Black/Blue pen only.
- Signatures with only initials or done in CAPITAL letters are not acceptable.
- Scan the area having signature only, not the whole sheet. Scan the signature on200 dpi. It should not get blurred while enlarging it.
- Save the scanned image as "Signature.jpg". The size of the image should be between 10 KB to 50 KB.
See below the samples of rejected signature samples.
- LEFT THUMB IMPRESSION SPECIFICATIONS:
- Draw a box of size 4 x 3 cm (width * height) on a plain white sheet.
- Take a good quality Blue/Black ink stamp pad.
- Put your left thumb gently on the stamp pad and roll lightly in a horizontal manner.
- The lines of the finger should be clearly visible in the print.
- Scan the area of the white sheet having thumb impression only, not the whole sheet.
- Scan the left thumb impression on 200 dpi. It should not get blurred while enlarging it.
- Save the image as "Left Thumb Impression.jpg”. The size of the image should be between 10 KB to 50 KB.
See below the samples of rejected thumb impressions:
Step 6- Print Registration Form
After this step, the last thing to do is to take a print out of the AIIMS PG Application Form. This is very important and the candidate must remember it. By clicking on the “Submit” button, the candidate can generate the registration slip. Now, click on the “Print” button to take a printout.
The candidate must check all the details on the registration slip carefully for accuracy. If some information is to be corrected or edited, the candidate should click on the “Back” button to go back and edit the detail. After editing, click on “Final Submit”. Then, take a printout of the final registration form.
This completes the AIIMS PG Application Process. After the registration is done successfully, the candidate must remember to log out.
Status of AIIMS PG Application Form 2017
Once the Online Registration for AIIMS PG 2017 is complete, its acknowledgment will be sent on the applicant’s registered email ID. However, the registration form will be ‘Under Review’ for eligibility. The status of the uploaded images can be checked within two working days from the date of online registration and also for the further status updates. The images that get rejected can be updated till the registration is open.
The candidate must check the final status of their AIIMS PG Application Form 2017 for images and eligibility criteria. AIIMS PG Admit Card 2017 is to be released on October 24, 2016. If the registration form status or the admit card is not available on the AIIMS Official website, the candidate must immediately write an email to the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi-110608 on firstname.lastname@example.org along with full particulars of the AIIMS PG Application Form.
The portal for AIIMS Application Form correction
has opened from October 6, 2016.
Those candidates whose applications have been rejected on the grounds of the photograph, signature and thumb impression specifications have received messages individually regarding their corrections. The last date to make the changes is October 15, 2016.
Only those candidates will receive the AIIMS PG Admit Card
whose application has been accepted. Check the detailed process of AIIMS PG 2017 Application Form Correction.
Documents to be Attached with Registration Slip
The candidates need not attach any documents with the downloaded Registration Slip for AIIMS PG admission process. However, the sponsored candidates need to submit Sponsorship Certificate and Foreign Nationals must submit NOC from Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, in a separate envelope to the Asstt. Controller of Examinations, Examination Section, AIIMS, Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110 608 indicating their Registration No. on the top of the envelope and on the documents followed by the name of course/discipline applied for.
Submission of Application by Candidates Who Are Employed
The candidates who are employed must inform their employer in writing that they are applying for the entrance examination for AIIMS PG 2017. They must sign the undertaking in the downloaded copy of Registration Slip regarding the same. If the candidate’s employer office/ department withhold permission to the candidate’s appearing for AIIMS PG Entrance examination and sends any communication to AIIMS in this regard, the candidature will be canceled without any further correspondence.
Requirements for Admission of ‘Sponsored’ Candidates
Given below are requirements for ‘Sponsored’ candidates AIIMS PG 2017 Application process:
- Candidates who are permanent employees of any Central/State Government/Armed Forces or the Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Body can be sponsored by the respective Government/Defence Authorities or the Competent Authorities of PSU/Autonomous Body for AIIMS PG courses 2017.
- A candidate can be sponsored by a State Government for only those postgraduate (MD/MS/MDS) courses which are not available in the state. A certificate for non-availability of that course in that state, which is duly signed by the Secretary/Director General of Health Services of the Central / State Government/ DGAFMS/Competent Authority or PSU/Autonomous Body viz Director/Executive Head of the concerned organization, must be submitted for sponsorship for AIIMS PG courses.
- Sponsored candidates must register online & fill the online AIIMS PG Application Form for 2017.
- The candidate can be sponsored for only one subject that must be mentioned clearly in the sponsorship form by the sponsoring authority.
- No sponsored candidate will be paid any emoluments by the AIIMS during the training period.
- Sponsored candidates need to submit the sponsorship certificate in original from their employer with the Application Form and Registration Slip to the Asstt. Controller of Examination, AIIMS, New Delhi-110 608 by 30 March 2017. Those who could not submit it by 30 March 2017, must submit it before the date of issue of AIIMS PG Admit Cards, otherwise, their candidature will stand canceled.
Requirements for Admission of Foreign Nationals/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI)
Given below are requirements for Foreign Nationals/OCI for AIIMS PG 2017 Application process:
- Foreign nationals are required to fill in the online AIIMS PG Application Form 2017 indicating the choice of subject (only one) for admission to Postgraduate courses for MD/MS/M.Ch. (6 yrs.)/MDS degree.
- The foreign nationals must send their Registration Slip of Online Application through Diplomatic Channel. They must also appear in the competitive entrance examination along with other candidates. An ‘Advance Copy’ is required to be submitted at AIIMS, New Delhi before the last date of online registration. However, the application of all such candidates will be processed only after receipt of the same through Diplomatic Channel.
- The foreign nationals will be considered against the seats in the ‘Sponsored’ category for MD/MS/MDS courses.
- Seats are not reserved in any discipline for foreign nationals.
- Nominations/No objection for the candidate should reach the Examination Section before the date of issue of the Admit Card, otherwise, their candidature will not be considered.
- No emoluments will be paid by AIIMS to the Foreign National candidates.
Submission of Caste Certificate By SC/ST/OBC Candidates
Once the AIIMS PG Result 2017 entrance examinations are out, candidates from SC/ST/OBC category need to submit, with other relevant documents, an attested copy of a certificate from any one of the following authorities which states that the candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category.
- District Magistrate, Additional District Magistrate, Collector, Deputy Commissioner, Additional Deputy Commissioner, Deputy Collector, 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate, City Magistrate, Sub-Divisional Magistrate, Taluka Magistrate, Executive Magistrate, Extra Assistant Commissioner.
- Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and his or her family normally resides.
- Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) or as authorized in the Constitution.
- The candidate must submit an undertaking to the effect of his/her caste. Any difference in the caste certificate will lead to cancellation of registration.
- Certificate from any other person/authority will not be accepted.
- The name, designation and the seal of the officer should be clear in the certificate.
Procedure If There Is Any Discrepancy
Given below is the procedure that will be followed if any discrepancy is noticed in the AIIMS PG 2017 Application process:
- In the case of any discrepancy in the information provided in the relevant documents, the data provided on AIIMS PG Application Form will be considered as final.
- The candidate must make sure that the address, mobile no. and email ID in the AIIMS PG Application Form 2017 are filled correctly.
- Any change in the address, mobile no. and email ID should be immediately informed to the AIIMS admission office. Candidates must make sure that any communication sent at the previous address is redirected to the new address.
- Producing any false information/certificate or withholding or concealing information in the application form, will lead to cancellation of admission and termination of residency.
- If a candidate is found not eligible at any stage, the candidature/admission will stand canceled.
- The AIIMS PG Result 2017 and individual marks of the candidate will be available on AIIMS website on completion of the admission process.
- There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of the answer sheets.
- The candidates who are admitted after the selection process must join the course on the date in the letter of selection otherwise, their selection/admission will be withdrawn.
- The selected candidates will have to submit the original Permanent Registration Certificate at the time of joining.
- The selection of Junior Residents will be subject to medical fitness.
- Each selected candidate is required to pay the fees within the specified period otherwise, the admission will be withdrawn.
- Private practice in any form during the course is not allowed. The period of training for AIIMS PG 2017 is strictly full time and continuous.
AIIMS PG Admit Card 2017
AIIMS PG Eligibility 2017
AIIMS PG Exam Pattern 2017
AIIMS PG Syllabus 2017
AIIMS PG Result 2017