AIIMS PG 2017 (July Session) Result and Counselling
AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling for July Session (Round 1) has begun. Shortlisted candidates can download their counselling letters on the official site using Candidate’s ID and Password.
- There are 2 rounds of counselling followed by an ‘Open Counselling’ round for the vacant seats.
- The second round of counselling will begin from June 19, 2017.
- The exam authorities has also published the seat matrix for postgraduate courses in all the 7 AIIMS for 2017-19 session.
AIIMS PG is a national level entrance test conducted for admissions to Master of Surgery (MS), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Dental Surgery (MDS), M.Ch. (Master of Chirurgiae) and DM (Doctor of Medicine).
Candidates appearing in AIIMS PG Entrance must be an MBBS holder or must have completed the mandatory one-year rotational internship. AIIMS PG Exam Pattern consists of 2 separate papers-one for the MDS Course and one for the MS/MD course. Both the papers are conducted in online mode.
June 03, 2017: AIIMS PG 2017 Seat Matrix for all the 7 AIIMS (All India Institute Of Medical Science) released.
May 27, 2017: AIIMS PG 2017 Revised Counselling Notification published by the examination authorities
May 13, 2017: AIIMS PG 2017 Result for July Session uploaded on the official website of AIIMS.
AIIMS PG 2017 Exam Highlights
AIIMS PG is a computer based test which consists of questions from Pre-clinical, Para-clinical and Clinical Phase. It is a 3-hour duration test. AIIMS PG offers admission to MD (Doctor of Medicine), MS (Master of Surgery), M.Ch. (Master of Chirurgiae-6 years.), DM (Doctorate of Medicine-6 years.), and MDS (Master of Dental Surgery) in All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
|Date of AIIMS PG||May 07, 2017|
|Conducting Body||AIIMS New Delhi|
|Mode of AIIMS PG||Online|
|Medium of AIIMS PG||English Language|
|Duration of Exam|
MD/MS: 180 Minutes (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)
MDS: 90 Minutes (10:00 AM to 11:30 AM)
|Type and Number of Questions|
MD/MS: 200 MCQs
MDS: 90 MCQs
|Location of Examination Centers||Tentatively 24 cities of India|
|Method of Determining Merit||Overall merit by ranking of percentiles|
|Method of Resolving Ties||Higher aggregate in all subjects in MBBS/BDS, Seniority by age|
AIIMS PG 2017 Exam Dates
The second round of AIIMS PG 2017 Counselling will begin from June 19, 2017. You can check the calendar of events mentioned below for regular updates and process wise deadlines:
|Commencement of AIIMS Online Registration||March 08, 2017|
|Last Date of filling the AIIMS PG Application Form 2017||March 29, 2017 (5:00 PM)|
|Check status of AIIMS PG Form and List of Rejected Applications with reason for rejection||April 07, 2017|
|The Last date to submit essential documents for Regularisation of Rejected AIIMS PG Application Forms||April 13, 2017|
|Last Date to receive forwarded and approved applications forms with No Objection for Foreign Nationals||April 13, 2017|
|Availability of AIIMS PG Admit Card 2017||April 25, 2017|
|Date of AIIMS PG Exam||May 07, 2017|
|Declaration of AIIMS PG Result 2017||May 13, 2017|
|1st Round of AIIMS PG Counselling 2017||June 05, 2017|
|2nd Round of AIIMS PG Counselling||June 19, 2017|
|Open Counselling for AIIMS PG Entrance||August 25, 2017|
|Spot Counselling by Respective AIIMS||To be decided later on by respective AIIMS|
AIIMS PG 2017 Application Form
The last date to apply for AIIMS PG 2017 was March 29, 2017. Registration will be done online by providing name, date of birth, e-mail ID and phone number. Candidates must keep a passport sized photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression ready in the required format before applying for AIIMS PG. After registering and uploading the images, pay the application fee using online mode (debit/credit card or Net Banking).
Candidates can also check the status of their AIIMS PG Application Form whether it is accepted or rejected. They can check the status on April 07, 2017 through the Registration Status Tab of their My Page after Login.
No candidate is allowed to submit more than 1 application form. All the documents must be uploaded in the prescribed format as failing to do so may result in the rejection of the AIIMS PG 2017 Application Form.
Steps to fill AIIMS PG 2107 Application Form
AIIMS PG Registration is a 6-step process where the candidates have to initially register online and fill the application form with the details asked. They have to then upload a scanned image of a passport photograph and a signature followed by the payment of application fee. There is no provision of late fee submission or late submission of the AIIMS PG Application Form.
Given below are the steps to apply for AIIMS PG 2017:
- Fill Qualification Details
- AIIMS Exam Centre Choice
- Payment of AIIMS Form Fee
- Uploading of Documents
- Print Registration Form
The details to fill the AIIMS PG 2017 Application Form such as size and format of photo & signature are given below:
- Candidates can use only one valid e-mail ID and mobile number for applying.
- The photo size in AIIMS PG Application must vary between 10 KB to 100 KB. The size of the signature and thumb impression must be between 10 KB to 50 KB.
- The images must be in .jpg/ .jpeg/ .png/ .gif format only.
- Take the printout of AIIMS PG Application Form after submission.
AIIMS PG 2017 Application Fee
The AIIMS PG Application Fee can be paid through payment gateway provided at the end of the registration. The payment can be made through a Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking. Application fees for the AIIMS PG 2017 are:
- For General/OBC Candidates- INR 1000 + Transaction Charges
- For SC/ST Candidates- INR 800 + Transaction Charges
AIIMS PG Eligibility Criteria 2017
Before applying, candidates should ascertain that they fulfil the eligibility criteria mandate for AIIMS PG. If they are found ineligible for the AIIMS PG exam, then their candidature is liable for cancellation at any stage of the AIIMS Admission Process. A brief overview of AIIMS PG Eligibility is provided below:
- They must have passed MBBS degree from the university recognized by the Medical Council of India or any other state medical Council.
- They must have completed the obligatory period of 12 months compulsory rotating Internship/Practical training on or before July 30, 2017. Candidates who finishes their internship after July 30, 2017 are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates belonging to General and Other Backward Classes (OBC) category must have scored minimum 55% marks in aggregate (50% for Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Category candidates) in the MBBS/BDS professional examinations.
Reservation of Seats
- 49.5% of the total postgraduate seats (15% for SC, 7.5% ST and 27% for OBC) excluding those for Sponsored/Foreign National candidates are reserved for the candidates belonging to ST, SC and OBC (Non-creamy layer).
- Orthopaediccally Handicapped:
- For MD/MS (5%): For Indian Nationals, 5% reservations for OPH will be provided on horizontal basis, as per their rank in the merit from the seats reserved in the category of Orthopedically Handicapped. Vacant seats, if any, will be filled by the candidates from the general category.
- For MDS: As per 100-point roster, no seat is reserved for OPH candidate for MDS course for the Session July, 2017
- Other Criteria for Orthopedic Physically Handicapped: As per 100-point roster, no seat is reserved for OPH candidate for MDS course for the Session July, 2017
Check the AIIMS PG Reservation Criteria considered for AIIMS PG Counselling:
AIIMS PG 2017 Admit Card
AIIMS PG Admit Card for accepted application forms will only be uploaded on the website at aiimsexams.org. Admit cards will be available for download from April 25, 2017. Candidates can download AIIMS PG Admit Card by logging in using their Candidate ID and Password.
If the status of application form or admit card is not available on official website, candidates should immediately write an email to the Assistant Controller of Examinations, AIIMS, New Delhi 110608 on email@example.com along with the complete details of AIIMS PG Application Form.
How to download AIIMS PG Admit Card?
Given below are the steps to download AIIMS PG Admit Card 2017:
- Visit the AIIMS official website.
- Click on the link “Download AIIMS PG Admit Card”
- Enter your Candidate ID and Password.
- Download and take printout of AIIMS PG Admit Card, 2017.
AIIMS PG Admit Card will not be sent by post. If there is any change in the AIIMS PG 2017 Exam Centre, then it will be informed by email and SMS. They can download the revised AIIMS PG 2017 Admit Card from the AIIMS Official Website.
AIIMS PG Exam Centers 2017
AIIMS PG 2017 will be held in 24 cities across the country. Candidates have to choose AIIMS Exam Center at the time of filling AIIMS Application Form. They will not be allowed to change the exam center once the form is submitted. Therefore,AIIMS PG Exam Center must be chosen carefully. Also, the selection of exam center is subject to availability. The sooner you register, the more will be the available options of exam centers.
AIIMS PG Exam Pattern 2017
AIIMS PG exam is conducted in online mode only. The online question booklet will have MCQs based on Pre-Clinical, Para-Clinical and Clinical subjects. AIIMS PG Exam Pattern highlights are mentioned in the following table:
|Duration of Exam|
MD/MS: 180 Minutes (10:00 AM to 01:00 PM)
MDS: 90 Minutes (10:00 AM to 11:30 AM)
|Number of Questions|
MD/MS: 200 MCQs
MDS: 90 MCQs
MD/MS: Syllabus for MBBS Program
MDS: Syllabus for BDS Program
1 mark for each correct response
1/3 mark for each incorrect answer
|Medium of AIIMS PG Exam||English only|
AIIMS PG Results 2017
AIIMS PG Result has been declared on the official website. Result can be checked by entering roll number and password at the web portal. It is mandatory to secure at least 50 percentiles in AIIMS PG to be eligible for counselling. After the declaration of AIIMS Result, qualified candidates will be called for counselling and seat allocation process. Result of individual candidate will not be informed either on phone or email.
Steps to Check AIIMS PG 2017 Result:
- Go to the AIIMS official website at aiimsexams.org
- Click on the link “MD/MS/MCH(6YRS)/DM(6YRS)/MDS May 2017 Session” provided for AIIMS PG 2017 Results.
- Enter your login details: roll number and password
- Download AIIMS PG 2017 Scorecard
- Take the printout AIIMS PG 2017 Scorecard for future correspondence.
AIIMS PG Merit List
AIIMS PG 2017 Merit List is prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidates in AIIMS PG. A student must score minimum 50 percentiles to qualify for the counselling process. Only qualified candidates will be called for AIIMS PG counselling on the basis of their rank.
There are 2 types of merit lists, released by the authority: Roll Number wise and Rank wise. Roll Number wise AIIMS PG 2017 Merit List will have the names of the candidates arranged according to their roll numbers. Rank wise AIIMS PG 2017 Merit List will have the name of the candidates arranged according to the rank achieved by them.
In case 2 or more candidates score same marks in the AIIMS PG 2017 exam, then the preference will be given to them in the following order:
- A candidate who has scored higher marks in the MBBS/BDS exam.
- If there is still a tie, firstly higher the aggregate marks of MBBS/BDS will be taken into preference then the older candidate will be given preference.
Institutional Preference for AIIMS Graduates in AIIMS PG 2017:
Candidates who have graduated from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi will be given preference for admission against 50% of total seats available for post-graduate courses. In case any seats left are vacant, then they will be allotted to other general category students on basis of their merit.
AIIMS PG Counselling 2017
The first round of AIIMS PG Counselling 2017 began from June 5, 2017. The candidates can download their AIIMS PG counselling letters online by entering their User ID and Password. The second round of AIIMS PG Counselling will commence from June 19, 2017. The open counselling is expected to be conducted on August 25, 2017.
- Applicants must score minimum 50 percentiles in the test to be eligible for AIIMS PG Counselling 2017.
- The counselling will be based on the merit list released by the AIIMS. In case seats are left vacant, another merit list will be prepared till all the seats are filled.
- The counselling will be conducted in 3 rounds.
- Candidates must be present in person to attend the AIIMS PG counselling.
- In case a candidate fails to appear for the counselling process, then they will not be allowed to participate in the further processes. Selected candidates have to undergo a medical examination.
- Medically fit candidates will only be allowed to take admission.
Seat matrix of AIIMS PG 2017
AIIMS PG July session is held for providing admissions to as many as 183 MD/MS and 7 MDS seats in AIIMS New Delhi, AIIMS Bhubaneswar, AIIMS Bhopal, AIIMS Rishikesh and AIIMS Jodhpur. The number and distribution of seats may vary depending upon the directions from Competent Authorities. The following table depicts the seat matrix of AIIMS PG 2017:
|AIIMS New Delhi||148||7|