AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2017, Exam Date, Admit Card, Syllabus
AIIMS MBBS 2017 will be conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on May 28, 2017. AIIMS Exam is conducted for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in 7 AIIMS institutes. The registration for AIIMS MBBS closed on February 23, 2017. Admit Card for AIIMS MBBS 2017 is expected to be released on May 1, 2017. Check AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2017
AIIMS MBBS Syllabus will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge that are to be completed in 3 hours 30 minutes. AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam will have 60 questions in all. As for the marking scheme, 1 mark will be given for each correct answer and 1/3 (one-third) marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Candidates can check their AIIMS MBBS result 2017 on the official website of AIIMS from June 14, 2017 onwards. All the AIIMS participating colleges will be declaring their respective AIIMS Cutoff 2017 to admit the shortlisted candidates.
AIIMS MBBS counseling for allocation of seats will be held in offline mode at AIIMS, New Delhi. The 1st round of AIIMS MBBS counselling will commence from July 3, 2017 onwards.From this year, there has been an addition of 7 seats in AIIMS (New Delhi), making a total of 707 MBBS seats across India.
Read about AIIMS MBBS Registration 2017
AIIMS MBBS 2018
The official notification of AIIMS MBBS 2018 will release in January 2018. All the Class 12th students with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects in class 12th examination are eligible to apply for the AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam. Candidates can begin filling the AIIMS MBBS Application Form online from the fourth week of January 2018 onwards. AIIMS MBBS 2018 will most likely be held in May 2018. All India Institue of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) will conduct AIIMS MBBS 2018. Read more about AIIMS MBBS 2018
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam highlights
Candidates can read below the highlights for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam.
- Exam Name- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducts the All India Institute of Medical Sciences Examination for MBBS or AIIMS MBBS each year. The AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam fills approximately 707 seats in 7 AIIMS institutes to its MBBS programme.
- Conducting Body- This year, AIIMS, New Delhi will conduct AIIMS MBBS 2017.
- Mode of application- The registrations for AIIMS MBBS will be done in Online mode. Candidates can visit the official website of AIIMS to fill their AIIMS Application Form 2017.
- Course offered- AIIMS MBBS is held for admission to MBBS course in 7 institues of AIIMS. These institutes are located in Delhi, Raipur, Patna, Rishikesh, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar and Bhopal.
- Exam Category- AIIMS MBBS is conducted to admit candidates to the Undergraduate courses in any one of the 7 AIIMS institutes.
- Exam Level- AIIMS MBBS is a National level entrance exam.
- Total Questions- AIIMS Exam Pattern will consist of 200 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
- Exam Duration- The total duration of AIIMS MBBS is 3 hours 30 Minutes.
- Total No. of Seats-A total of 707 seats will be filled through AIIMS MBBS 2017. There has been an addition of 7 seats from this year to AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Age- A candidate must be Minimum 17 years of age to apply for AIIMS MBBS.
Check AIIMS MBBS Biology
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam Date
The table below shows the entire schedule of AIIMS MBBS 2017. The registrations for AIIMS MBBS are set to begin from January 24, 2017.
|Release of AIIMS MBBS 2017 notification||January 22, 2017|
|Commencement of AIIMS MBBS 2017 Registration||January 24, 2017|
|Last date of Submission of AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2017||February 23, 2017 (05:00 PM)|
|Availability of AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2017||May 1, 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS Exam Date 2017||May 28, 2017|
|Declaration of AIIMS MBBS Result||June 14, 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS First Round Counselling||July 3, 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS Second Round Counselling||August 3, 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS Third Round Counselling||September 5, 2017|
|AIIMS MBBS Open Counselling||September 26, 2017|
AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2017
AIIMS MBBS Registration 2017 closed on February 23, 2017. The mode of filling AIIMS Application Form was online. Candidates must make sure that they fall under the prescribed AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2017 before applying for AIIMS MBBS 2017. Also, their AIIMS Form must be completed in all respects, to avoid rejection. Filling the AIIMS MBBS Application Form will involve 6 steps that have been given below.
How to fill AIIMS MBBS Application form 2017?
Candidates can follow the below steps in order to proceed for AIIMS Registration:
- Visit the official website of AIIMS
- Click on registration link and select course
- Now click on new registration and fill all the required information. Click on save.
- Confirmation page will appear and verify all the details and click on save
- Upload your scanned photo. Once you register, login with your registration id and password
- Pay AIIMS MBBS application fee 2017
Read more about AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2017
The AIIMS MBBS Application fee is to be paid during AIIMS Registration 2017. It can be paid by credit card/debit card/ net banking or by SBI challan.
INR 1000 + Transaction Charges
Other Backward Classes (OBC: Both Creamy and Non- creamy Layers)
INR 1000 + Transaction Charges
Scheduled Caste (SC)
INR 800 + Transaction Charges
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
INR 800 + Transaction Charges
AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2017
AIIMS MBBS admit card 2017 will be available for download in May 2017. AIIMS MBBS Hall Ticket will not be sent through post. Candidates who successfully complete the AIIMS MBBS Application Form 2017, will be able to download their AIIMS Admit Card from its official website. They can enter their application no. and password to download the hall ticket. Candidates are advised to preserve the AIIMS MBBS admit card 2017 till the completion of admission process as it will required at the time of counselling and admission process for identity verification.
How to download AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2017?
Steps to Download AIIMS Admit Card are given below:
- Visit official website of AIIMS i.e. www.aiimsexams.org
- Enter AIIMS MBBS 2017 Registration Number and Password.
- Download and Save AIIMS MBBS 2017 Hall Ticket
- Take a print-out of the Admit Card
Read More About AIIMS MBBS Admit Card 2017
Applicants need to bring the downloaded AIIMS admit card in original to the exam centre, else they won't be permitted to take the entrance test. Also, with the admit card, applicants need to bring any of the approved photo IDs (must be original and non-terminated) given below:
- PAN card
- Driving permit
- Voter ID
- Passport as a proof of their identity.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam Pattern
AIIMS MBBS will be a single paper that will be conducted online. The language of AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam will be bilingual- English & Hindi. AIIMS MBBS 2017 paper will be divided into 4 sections where 60 questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology each and 20 questions will be from AIIMS GK section. The exam pattern highlights of AIIMS MBBS 2017 is given below:
|Duration||3 hours & 30 minutes|
|Number of questions||200|
|Number of sections||4|
|Marks for each correct answer||+1|
|Marks deducted for each incorrect answer||1/3|
There will be a total of 200 questions in AIIMS MBBS 2017. The division of questions is given below:
|Subjects||No. Of Questions|
|Biology (Zoology & Botany)||60|
|AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam Pattern||AIIMS MBBS 2017 Syllabus||AIIMS MBBS 2017 Paper Analysis|
AIIMS Mock Test
All the candidates appearing for AIIMS MBBS 2017 on May 28, 2017, must practice as much of the AIIMS Question papers as possible. It is advisable to get thorough with these AIIMS Question Paper beforehand, so that candidates do not get surprised in the actual exam.
By solving the AIIMS Mock Test, candidates can get familiar with the exam pattern and difficulty level of the actual test. The model papers provided below for download are the previous years’ papers. These practice papers will help students have better understanding of the AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam before they sit for AIIMS MBBS 2017.
|AIIMS MBBS Sample Paper 1||AIIMS MBBS Sample Paper 2||AIIMS MBBS Sample Paper 3|
AIIMS MBBS Preparation Tips
Candidates appearing for AIIMS MBBS 2017 must be thorough with the AIIMS syllabus. This will help them prepare well and get an excellent AIIMS Result. Any candidate’s focus must be on the topics and their AIIMS MBBS Preparation should be on those lines only. This will held them save time as well as pay attention to the most important topics.
Here are a few helpful AIIMS MBBS preparation tips for candidates appearing in the AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam:
- Having cleared the basics of what candidate studied in class 11th and 12th is the key to scoring great in AIIMS 2016.
- Practicing as much the candidate can from the past year question booklets and sample papers, can help a lot in understanding the format and get along with the questions of AIIMS medical entrance test.
- Read Newspaper daily and watch the news for at least 30 mins to have the best idea of what is happening around in order to get through General Knowledge.
- Concentration is important during the AIIMS exam, as the duration of paper is 3 hours 30 mins.
- Candidate should practice questions given at the end of each chapter honestly and compare their responses with the solution given at the end of the book/chapter.
Read more How to crack AIIMS MBBS 2017?
AIIMS MBBS Result 2017
The AIIMS Result will be declared on June 14, 2017.It can be checked on the official website of AIIMS. The AIIMS Result will include names of all the qualifying candidates who successfully cleared AIIMS MBBS. The AIIMS MBBS result 2017 will be declared rank wise as well as roll number wise. To check result candidates have to look for their name, roll number, father’s name and category in the result list. Follow the below steps to check your AIIMS Result:
- Click on the link AIIMS MBBS Result 2017.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth
- Now you can check your result
Merit list will be prepared on the basis of percentile scores of total raw scores. In case of similar percentiles following method will be adopted (in same order as given below):-
- Higher percentile in biology
- Higher percentile in chemistry
- Higher percentile in physics
- After this, candidate elder by age will be preferred
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Merit list
AIIMS result, when declared, is calculated through a percentile score which is then accumulated and a merit list is prepared. The Percentile scores for the Total Marks for both shifts as mentioned above would be merged and arranged so as to derive an overall Merit List / Ranking. There are four merit lists that are prepared are as follows:
- Common Merit List: The common merit list is a list which incorporates candidates from the general category and the other categories of SC/ST/OBC. According to this list, the candidates belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category, when selected in the same standard as applied to the general category candidates, shall not be considered for the seats against reservations.
- Scheduled Caste Candidate List: This merit list particularly includes the candidates according to their percentile score in the entrance exam belonging to the scheduled caste category.
- Scheduled Tribe Candidate List: This merit list particularly includes the candidates according to their percentile score in the entrance exam belonging to the Scheduled Tribe category.
- Other Backward Classes Candidate List: This merit list particularly includes the candidates according to their percentile score in the entrance exam belonging to the OBC category.
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff 2017
AIIMS Cut off is the least score that a candidate needs to score in order to be eligible for the counselling process and take admission in the participating institutes. As per the AIIMS MBBS 2017 qualifying criteria, the cut off score for general category candidates is 50% while for OBC candidates have to score 45% in the AIIMS medical entrance exam. The cut off will be determined on the basis of percentile as the examination will be held in two shifts and a Normalization Procedure will be used to determining the qualifying criteria. In the event of the percentiles for the two shifts being dissimilar / unequal, the lower of the two will be the eligibility cut-off for that category for all candidates i.e. both shifts. Minimum cut off scores required by candidates to qualify AIIMS MBBS is given below:
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff score for Qualifying
|Category||Cut off Marks|
AIIMS MBBS Cutoff Rank
The institute-wise Cutoff Rank is given below.This is the cutoff for AIIMS MBBS 2016. By going through this, aspirants can have an idea of AIIMS MBBS cut off Rank 2017.
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||40||187||1029||2462|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur||1332||2560||8968||11167|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||2084||2246||12121||12106|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal||1433||2502||12163||4870|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur||2748||2781||14316||12393|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||2808||5344||13818|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh||1930||2511||9630||14070|
The AIIMS MBBS Cutoff varies every year according to each of the AIIMS Institutes. The cut off is released after the AIIMS Result is declared. All the existing AIIMS announce their respective cut off list. Provided the candidates qualify the cut off, they can proceed to the counselling process for admission.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Seat Matrix
There are a total of 707 seats that will be filled through AIIMS MBBS 2017. There has been an addition of 7 seats in AIIMS, New Delhi. Other than AIIMS, New Delhi, all other AIIMS institutes have 100 seats each. Among the total seats, nearly 350 are for general and 189 are for OBC category candidates. Below is a table stating the seat intake of each of AIIMS institutes.
|Location of AIIMS Institute||Total|
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Reservation Of Seats
All the institutes of AIIMS, will have different reservation of seats for different categories. Candidates can refer to them from the below table:
|Location of Institutes||General Category||OBC||SC||ST|
Read about AIIMS MBBS 2017 Reservation of Seats
AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2017
Those candidates who qualify the cut off of AIIMS MBBS of the respective institutes can proceed with theAIIMS MBBS Counselling. The important information related to AIIMS MBBS Counselling are given below:
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for counselling
- It will be held at AIIMS, New Delhi
- All the details related to counselling can be checked on website
- There will be three rounds of counselling starting from July 6, 2017
AIIMS MBBS Counselling schedule 2017
Schedule for AIIMS MBBS Counselling 2017 is given below.
|First counselling||July 3, 2017|
|Second counselling||August 3, 2017|
|Third counselling||September 5, 2017|
|Open counselling||September 26, 2017|
Documents required during counselling of AIIMS MBBS
Following is the list of documents required at the time of counselling:-
- Admit Card
- Call Letter issued by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Certificate/Mark sheet of class 12th
- Migration certificate from the University/Board last attended by the candidate.
- Current passport size photographs
- One set of self attested copies of all the certificates.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility 2017
All the Class 12th students with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as main subjects in class 12th examination are eligible to apply for the AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam. A candidate must also be of at least 17 years of age to apply for AIIMS MBBS 2017. The other essential AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria have been discussed below:
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Academic Qualification
The academic qualifications required to be eligible for AIIMS are listed below:
- Minimum 60% for General Category & Other Backwards Castes; and 50% for SC/ST is required
- In case of students appearing for the qualifying examination, they are allowed to apply for AIIMS. Afterward, however, they need to submit documentary evidence of passing the qualifying examination with required score and subjects.
- In case of institute considering an examination of an Indian university or a foreign university equivalent to 12th class under 10+2 scheme, the candidate has to produce a certificate to the effect that examination passed by them equivalent to 112th class under 10+2 scheme. This certificate has to be obtained from the concerned Indian university or Association of Indian Universities.
AIIMS MBBS 2017 Qualifying Marks
A candidate needs to secure a minimum aggregate of marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class XII. The category-wise required marks are given in the table below:
|General and OBC candidates||60%|
AIIMS MBBS FAQ’s 2017
Question: What is the AIIMS MBBS 2017 Exam Date?
Answer: AIIMS MBBS 2017 will be held on May 28, 2017 in two slots.
Question: What is the full form of CBT?
Answer: AIIMS MBBS is a CBT or a computer based test. This means that the exam will be held online.
Question: How many times is AIIMS MBBS is held?
Answer: AIIMS MBBS is conducted once a year only.
Question: For how long is the AIIMS Result valid?
Answer: The AIIMS MBBS 2017 Result will be valid for a year only.
Question: I am 18 years old. Am I eligible for AIIMS MBBS 2017?
Answer: Candidates who have completed 17 years of age as or on December 31, 2017, are eligible to apply.
Question: What is the minimum score to qualify AIIMS MBBS entrance examination?
Answer: In order to qualify AIIMS MBBS 2017, candidates belonging to general category have to secure a minimum of 50 percent marks in the entrance examination. While, candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories must have obtained at least 40 percent and 45 percent marks, respectively.
Question: What is the contact information for any queries regarding AIIMS MBBS?
Answer: All India Institute of Medical Sciences
New Delhi- 110 608